About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
Compliance with Policies:
- Compliance with the IRC WAY (our standards for professional conduct) is a responsibility shared by all involved in delivering on the IRC’s mission. We must abide by the IRC Way and Safeguarding Policies all the time.
- The IRC has zero tolerance approach to the IRC Code of Conduct including safeguarding violations being committed by its staff, consultants, contractors, volunteers, interns, suppliers, vendors, sub-grantees/partners, implementing partners or any other associate.
The National Research Assistant will work together with the AQBE Qualitative and Quantitative Consultants, Senior Research Officer, and Senior Assessment Officer to support the administrative requirements of the following key research activities:
- Rapid Education Risk Analysis (RERA): annualized assessments, including FGDs, KIIs, undertaken to understand the key barriers and enabling factors to safe access for all learners in the targeted AQBE provinces. RERA’s will utilize a standard USAID toolkit developed to understand risk and mitigation factors to reduce risk around safe access to quality education.
- Household Assessment: baseline, midline and endline assessments, including the use of IRC’s AMAL Toolkit (Annual Monitoring of Afghan Learning). These assessments will take place in a sampling of targeted households and communities across eight AQBE provinces and will include: adapted EGRA and EGMA; adapted Social Emotional Learning (SEL) questionnaires, and household demographic surveys.
- Transition Assessments: will be designed and undertaken in Y3 and Y5 of AQBE programming, with the intention of measuring transition for CBE learners into public schools, as well as evaluating the causal factors for successful transitions of learners, in eight supported AQBE provinces.
- 2-4 years of administration experience, preferably in research field and/or NGO field
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Experience in education context in Afghanistan preferred
- Experience working in Afghanistan and knowledge of education and child protection actors and systems in Afghanistan preferred
- Experience with local working languages of Afghanistan (Dari & Pashto)
- Written and spoken English skills
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.