About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
• Coordinate and strengthening the relation with relevant stakeholder (Govt institutions and NGOs) to support BRAC in strategic planning, policy and program implementation in selected areas
• Support team to conduct a need analysis and market assessment in each targeted province to identify relevant trades or occupations that are in demand among women entrepreneurs or startups in the community, and present viable livelihoods given market conditions.
• Support to identify in the target project areas, the final suite of business incubation training that will be offered to project participants.
• Supports the team during the selection of participants, prioritizing the innovative women and those who have creative ideas or businesses in target provinces.
• Follow up the process of stipend or providing input for those participants who successfully complete the training to support them with the starting up of their self- or wage employment
• Support project activities and project staff to adapt and enhance existing course materials and curricula where available, and develop curricula for new topics, with technical support and insights from BRAC International.
• Timely technical support to provincial team on linking participants to existing financial institutions and to potential markets for increasing their business inputs.
• Any other task/duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management
• Extensive experience in developing policy papers, strategic planning documentations, strong ability to communicate and summarize the findings and analyses in writing;
• Experience in donor coordination, reporting and
• Experience in liaising and advising
• Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
• Familiar with report writing and planning
• Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
• Experience of working in teams and coordinating with project/Programme personnel located in provinces and Districts
• Must be a team player with initiative and demonstrated ability to work in a challenging work environment;
• Strong work ethic and the ability to interact well with stakeholders at various levels; and
• Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good organizational, communication, interpersonal
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resources Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
To apply please click on the below link: https://jobs.af/jobs/livelihoods-officer-3M0z1WluM
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Only females can apply.
BRAC Afghanistan retains the right to not recruit for any of the positions advertised for here.
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp +93 773 020 100 and Human Resource department technical team: +93 700 730 586
Women are highly encouraged to apply
BRAC is an equal opportunity employer
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse