- Location: Bangladesh
- Organization: UNICEF
- Category: Consultancy
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: As per organization’s salary scale
- Vacancy No: 567343
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Gender: Male/Female
- Deadline: 16 November 2023
Job no: 567343
Contract type: Consultant
Duty Station: Dhaka
Background and Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
UNICEF’s GenU initiative in Bangladesh is implementing the national chapter of Generation Unlimited’s imaGen Ventures Youth Challenge 2023 – 2024 in eight divisions in close partnership with GenU Partner Jaago Foundation Trust and strategic shared-value partners. During the 2022 imaGen Ventures Youth Challenge, a lack of divisional based mentors with dedication and capacity to nurture and support the young teams in the incubation journey for social impact was identified. Based on good practice and lessons learned from 2022, for the 2023 – 2024 incubation period, under this TOR dedicated divisional level mentorship capacity will be developed to ensure a meaningful and results oriented incubation of the 24 team solutions (three from each division) and for the incubation of future divisional and youth led social impact challenges, including the imaGen Ventures Youth Challenge.
Work Assignment Overview:
|Develop a plan, identify, and build capacity of 24 divisional youth mentors in imaGen Ventures Upshift and Technovation Curriculum with specific focus on the incubation period.||24 divisional youth mentors are identified and equipped to support one team each during incubation.||15 December 2023|
|Provide overall guidance and individual/group support to the 24 youth mentors including empowering and linking mentors and their teams to national level tailored incubation support and opportunities||24 divisional youth mentors are provided with ongoing individual and group support enabling them to mentor their teams and link them to further incubation support and opportunities.||30 June 2024|
|2 hours online Master Class facilitated per week for teams and mentors based on the needs of the 24 teams in incubation.||Guidelines and plans for weekly master classes are developed based on the needs of 24 teams and implemented in close collaboration with divisional mentors.||30 June 2024|
|Remuneration is provided to 24 divisional youth mentors for their divisional-based mentorship support.||Divisional-based mentors are enabled to guide and work with their teams throughout incubation with at least one weekly F2F meeting expected to take place.||30 June 2024|
|Provide technical support to content adaptation and development for an online mentorship for youth-led social impact course and to an online imaGen Ventures Youth Challenge course on P2E||Online courses in social impact mentorship and imaGen Ventures curriculum developed for P2E in close partnership with relevant internal and external stakeholders||30 June 2024|
Minimum Qualifications/Knowledge/Expertise/Skills required *:
- A bachelor’s degree in Design Thinking, Engineering, business administration or Social Sciences.
- Additional training in Mentorship, Entrepreneurship and in applying technology to social impact innovations desired.
- Excellent Bengali and English written and oral communication skills.
- Solid hands-on experience in mentoring youth teams in social innovation incubation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, guiding, and building capacity of mentors, especially youth mentors in social innovation/social impact.
- Experience with the Bangladesh start up ecosystem including in working as a youth entrepreneur.
- Hands on experience in working with and supporting adolescent girls and young women in social impact journeys and incubation
- Experience in working directly with GenU initiatives including the imaGen Ventures Youth Challenge
- Demonstrated training and mentoring capacity
- Excellent understanding of applying Design Thinking/Human Centered Design methods and tools such as those used in the imaGen Ventures Youth Challenge
- Solid technology experience with specific focus on App development and AI
- Basic understanding of climate change and gender inequity impact on communities in Bangladesh
- Good understanding of the skills and competencies that the Youth Challenge aims to build in young people and is focused on building them (transferable skills, tech skills and financial literacy)
- Professional – punctual, adheres to timelines, fulfills commitments, produces high quality of work.
- Takes shared responsibility for the results and actions of those she/he may be managing and mentoring
- Solid communication and capacity building competencies
- Able to clearly communicate the purpose and approach of the GenU Imagen Ventures Youth Challenge to interested partners and supporters
Assignment duration: 8 months
Work modality: Work from home with occasional visit to office (TBD)
Travel/DSA: Included in the lump sum fee
Payment: Payment will be made upon successful completion of each deliverables with certification from supervisor
Advertised: Bangladesh Standard Time
Deadline: Bangladesh Standard Time