- Location: Afghanistan
- Organization: Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office
- Category: Education Monitoring and Evaluation Communication
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: 45000 to 50000 AFN Monthly
- Vacancy No: ABCO-0021
- No of Jobs: 1
- Experience: 8 Years
- Education: An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in communication and social and behavioral science, including sociology, communication studies/communication for development, psychology and/or related field is required.
- Gender: Male/Female
- Deadline: 31 December 2023
About Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office:
Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office (ABCO) is a national Afghan NGO established in 1993. ABCO is operating in all regions of Afghanistan with a mission of national Food Security and Livelihood Resilience Building. For the last 27 years ABCO has been committed to its mission and has performed plenty of programs and projects with UN and international organizations. ABCO has a commitment of transparency and accountability with its partners and clients. Following a commitment of self-improvement, integrity and long-term engagement and support with its personnel and project staff.
The SBC Specialist will provide technical and scientific leadership to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC). S/he will provide technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence- based SBCC methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. The SBC Specialist will build SBCC capacity in partners and project / program staff Level; assess current SBCC technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program, regional, as appropriate and provide guidance to ensure that SBCC program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development and execution of SBCC capacity strengthening.
- Provide Global scientific leadership by staying current of evolving SBCC technical standards, guideline, and program developments in area of expertise.
- Share new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel.
- Develop tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
- Ensure that project implementation adheres to the appropriate project as well as global strategies and remains technically sound.
- Ensure the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Conduct routine coordination with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Design and conduct community rapid assessments and behavioral surveys for exploring communities’
- Provide technical inputs on accountability to affected people (AAP), risk communication and community engagement to the Program.
- Strengthen offices capacity to research, analyses and equitably address trends that drive social and individual behaviors and norms, using a wide range of approaches including, behavioral analysis, human centered design, social listening, behavioral insights, participatory research, RCT, and other quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Provide technical support to the program in establishing monitoring mechanisms to collect, analyses and report on SBC indicators and Provide advice and technical support in the development and implementation of tools (quantitative and qualitative) for the monitoring, evaluation and documentation of SBC activities
- Make operational decisions on appropriate materials and media to reach target audiences, technical resources required, allocation of financial resources, as well as time frame for various activities in support of the achievement of the organizational goals.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Social and Behavioral Change (SBC)/Communication Specialist who possesses excellent expertise in community engagement and social mobilization to promote humanitarian products and behaviors. This specialist should have a particular focus on targeting cultural norms and local barriers in the areas of education promotion, promoting positive behaviors, developing SBC plans at both site-based and community-based levels, promoting community acceptance of programs, creating plans to address community refusals, developing approaches for data collection, and designing information campaigns that target rumors and misinformation.”
Education and Experiences:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in communication and social and behavioral science, including sociology, communication studies/communication for development, psychology and/or related field is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant progressively responsible professional experience at the national and international levels in developing, implementing, evaluating, and managing social and behavioral change strategies and content is required.
- Experience in developing or supporting community engagement interventions
- Demonstrated expertise in the application of social and behavior change science, theories, research, and analysis, to all stages of the program cycle.
- Proven ability to manage social research, including quantitative, qualitative, and participatory methods for formative assessments, identifying behavioral drivers, and tracking, measurement and evaluation of social change is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with new developments in the SBC field is required. Familiarity with new and emerging approaches such as behavioral insights, human centered design, social listening, among others is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of complex priorities, processes and projects in office work-plans.
- Proven ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels, including providing technical support and capacity building and establishing/managing external partnerships
- Excellent English and reporting skills.
Interested qualified candidates should submit their CVs with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience to the following email address:
Candidates must clearly write the Reference and Job Title in the subject of line otherwise your application will not be considered.
We have equal opportunities for male, female and those with disabilities, so we strongly encourage qualified female and those with disability candidates to apply.
We are committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
ABCO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of ABCO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. ABCO also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. Therefore, all candidates will have background and reference checks, which are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.