- Location: Bangladesh
- Organization: WFP
- Category: Program
- Job Type: Full Time
- Salary: N/A
- Vacancy No: 830213
- No of Jobs: N/A
- Experience: 3 years
- Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Gender: Both
- Deadline: 25 November 2023
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (Cash Based Transfer), CSTI, Cox’s Bazar
Type of contract: International Consultant
No of positions: 01 position
Duration: 06 months
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Vacancy Number: 830213
Date of Publication: 12 November 2023
Deadline of Application: 25 November 2023
This vacancy announcement is for International Professional.
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through project management support of learning initiatives.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience : Minimum 3 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector, with experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of cash-based assistance programmes.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
The candidate must be proficient in the whole CBT cycle management; from CBT program design, to delivery (financial intelligence assesments, KYC legislation frameworks) and analysis, and reporting, including first and second level reconciliation. Particular importance is delivered on the familiarity with WFP assurance framework, risks and quality management of the CBT operation.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Accountability, reliance, Innovation and automation are at the core of WFP Bangladesh core strategy for the future of CBT. For this reason reason the candidate must be familiar with innovation management, and abreast with latest WFP innovation tools, such as Building Blocks, Scope, G2P, Plug Pay, etc.
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
Leading by example with integrity,
Driving results and delivering on commitments,
Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
Applying strategic thinking,
Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to the Diversity and Inclusion team on: email@example.com, cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position would report to the Head of Progamme and would lead the CBT team in Bangladesh CO. CBT operation in Bangladesh serves 90% of WFP portfolio of the CO. This spans from emergency assistance in refugees camps to social protection in flood prone areas. Considering the variety of WFP intervention in Bangladesh and its future evolution, the ideal candidate will be someone equipped by solid WFP background, familiarity with emergency operations and solid learning capacities.