: 30/Nov/2023, 3:29:00 AM
: Non-staff opportunities
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO Afghanistan is investing, across all 34 provinces, in resilience reinforcing actions that focus on protecting agriculture livelihoods and local ecosystems, boosting local production of nutritious foods and cash-incomes, and safeguarding critical agriculture sectoral development gains achieved over the past couple of decades through revitalizing rural markets and economy. In 2023, FAO will contribute to the humanitarian components of the UN Strategic Framework 2023-2025 through four priority actions: (i) Safeguarding Wheat Seed Security, (ii) Enhancing Local Production of Nutritious Food, (iii) Livestock Protection and Dairy Sector Support, and (iv) Restoring Irrigation Structures to Boost Cash Incomes. FAO will also contribute towards resilience building activities and longer-term transformational processes as part of the implementation of the UN Strategic Framework 2023-2025.
These are National Project Personnel positions – SB-03 / SC5.1
The incumbent will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Afghanistan. S/he will work under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain / Logistics Specialist the Supply Chain / Logistics Specialist
The incumbent will be responsible for all day-to-day supervision, technical guidance and the performance evaluation.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Administrative Support: Provide general administrative support such as managing incoming and outgoing correspondence, filing documents.
• Calendar Management: Assist in managing the office calendar, including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and distributing meeting materials to participants. Arrange conference calls and send reminders to ensure all team members are well-informed about tasks and deadlines.
• Travel Coordination: Facilitate travel, accommodations, and itineraries, including coordination with travel and other units on booking flights, hotels, and any other necessary arrangements.
• Support Obtaining Approvals: Assist in obtaining management and other signatories’ approval on Memos, internal documents, and letters to external organizations and government bodies in collaboration with the Logistics Team members and under the supervision of the Head of Unit.
• Financial and supplier’s documents review and cross check.
• Filing management both hard and soft
• Document Management: Scan and post endorsed letters, tax exemption, and shipping documents for submission to suppliers, as well as receiving inward documentation.
• Government Fees and Supplier Invoice Processing: In coordination with the Logistics Specialists and under the supervision of the Head of Unit, assist in processing government fees and reviewing supplier invoices, following up on payment status with related departments, and maintain financial records.
• Data Entry and Reporting: Assist in data entry tasks, including updating databases, spreadsheets, and other relevant systems, and generate reports/information as required.
• Event Coordination: Assist in organizing and coordinating office events, meetings, workshops, or conferences. Coordinate venue booking, catering, audiovisual equipment setup, and guest registration.
• Reception and Front Desk Duties: Coordinate access to ICON for FAO Logistics suppliers and visitors in collaboration with Logistics specialists.
• Perform other related duties required to ensure efficient office support to the Representation.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree (Bachelor) in business administration, management or closely related areas.
• At least three (3) years of relevant experience in logistic and administrative with an international organization in a logistic or administrative position. At least 2 years of UN or INGO experience is desirable.
• Working knowledge (level C) of English.
• National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Proven ability to perform daily warehouse and inventory management tasks, including proficiency in inventory systems and stock management.
• Strong proficiency in the entire Microsoft Office suite.
• Skilled in email and other forms of communication
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Previous experience in managing warehouses containing sensitive items.
• Working knowledge of local languages (Pashto and/or Dari)
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help or have queries, please create a one-time registration with FAO’s client support team for further assistance: https://fao.service-now.com/csp
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT