- Country: Ukraine
- Organization: DRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-14
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Cash and Voucher Assistant
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs working in 40 countries worldwide, is currently looking for a highly qualified Cash and Voucher Assistant for Kharkiv Office covering Kharkivska and Donetska (Ukrainian government-controlled areas) oblasts.
Overall purpose of the role:
DRC has been operating in Ukraine for more than 10 years with emergency and durable solution interventions for assisting IDPs, returnees, Host communities, and conflict-affected populations. With the outbreak of the conflict in February 2022, DRC has shifted its programming to emergency response to meet the urgent needs of conflict-affected population in the country. Current DRC programming is focusing on protection activities such as protection monitoring, information dissemination, Individual protection assistance, and legal aid.
In addition to protection programming, DRC is currently implementing Multipurpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), NFI and Food distributions, Cash and Voucher & WASH interventions, and Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Demining and Explosive Ordnance Risk Education. The organization counts with 7 offices in the country.
About the job:
The Cash and Voucher Assistant supports the Cash and Voucher Team for a smooth running of the day-to-day work and administration tasks in Kharkivska and Donetska (Ukrainian government-controlled areas) oblasts. The job holder is responsible for the timely and adequate execution of all operational tasks related to the projects implemented by the Cash and Voucher Department and ensures the communication between the manager and other DRC departments, contractors, local authorities, etc.
- Assist in planning of registration of individuals for cash and non-food item assistance
- Partake in the distribution of assistance to communities in need of support
- Plan and partake with humanitarian assistance in ad hoc emergency responses
- Collect and process data/documentation/information from the field staff.
- Organize, file and protect all beneficiary data both in the field and in the office
Required experience and competencies:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks
- Experience with following standard procedures and guidelines
- Fluency in local language
- Strong sense of personal integrity and understanding of confidentiality and ethics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems
- Communication in English is desirable
- Experience in Cash and Voucher or NFI sector is desirable
- Flexibility and willingness to travel throughout Kharkivska and Donetska (Ukrainian government-controlled areas) are essential
- Education, vocational training in the field of business administration or similar
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Social Studies, International Development or another relevant field is an asset
- Designation of Duty Stations Kharkiv
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Employment Band I
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 14 November 2023
DRC’s evne til at sikre beskyttelse og assistance til flygtninge, internt fordrevne og interessenter afhænger af vores ansattes evne til at opretholde og promovere de højeste standarder af etisk og professionel adfærd i relation til DRC’s værdier og adfærdskodeks, inklusiv beskyttelse imod seksuel udnyttelse, misbrug og chikane. DRC udfører et omfattende og grundigt baggrundstjek som del af rekrutteringsprocessen. Besøg flygtning.dk for at læse mere om hvad vi gør for at sikre robuste beskyttelsesmekanismer.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine