- Country: Ukraine
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-07
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Internals Only : Finance Technical Partnership Officer Ukraine
We are looking for an Internal Finance Technical Officer (Partnership) to join our NRC team in Kyiv, the Finance Technical Officer will be Participating essentially in designing the department strategy, advising on the strategic implementation of the activities, and following up on the implementation.
What you will do:
- Participating essentially in designing the department strategy, advising on strategic implementation of the activities, and following up the implementation.
- Verify that vouchers and supporting documents meet NRC standards before payment. Be responsible for payments to Implementing Partners.
- Customize and tailor Partnerships’ agreements on the negotiation stage and follow up during the Implementation stage.
- Verification Implementing Partner`s financial reports, ensure that all supporting documents meet NRC standards, clear and eligible.
- Conduct meetings with the Partners on the stage of negotiation, prepare presentations. Be on standby for the support of new partners with trainings and be able to discover problems during implementation period in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all costs are timely booked into Agresso on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Be responsible to write transactions numbers on the vouchers and label financial documents.
- Prepare bank accounts reconciliations.
- Collaborate with the financial institutions to ensure that queries related to payments are timely resolved (return payments, under/over payments, contractors’ incorrect account details etc).
- Ensure implementing of the routine for securing supporting documentation in a digital format.
- Finance report verification algorithm optimization.
- In Coordination with Finance Coordinator participate in the review, monitoring, and capacity building of the Implementing Partners.
- Under the guidance of Finance Manager and Finance Coordinator to keep track of lessons learned and share with the Partners during project implementation period.
- Assist the Finance Coordinator (FC) and the Finance Manager (FM) in internal and external audits and preparing donor reports.
- Involvement in cash projects (payments to beneficiaries).
- Any other tasks that will be assigned by the FC.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in Finance Department a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Good knowledge of the Ukrainian Labor, Tax, Civil Laws
- Professional knowledge of auditing/accounting.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge of English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in the areas NRC operates.
- Fluency in Ukrainian both written and verbal
- Knowledge of legal tax base for the representation office
- Experience from working with local financial institutions and tax authorities.
- Experience with start-up of humanitarian/recovery or related programmes is an asset.
- Good computer skills in MS Office
What Makes This Position Attractive?
- The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. The organisation protects displaced people and supports them as they build a new future. The organisation began relief efforts after World War II, and today, works in both new and protracted crises across more than 40 countries.
- Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. NRC Ukraine meets immediate humanitarian needs, prevents further displacement, and contributes to durable solutions.
What We Offer
- Duty station: Kyiv
- Contract duration: Employment contract – till 31 Dec 2024 with the possibility of extension subject to funding availability and satisfactory performance
- Travel: 5% to field locations
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. In the selection of our staff, we are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information – Please Take Note When Applying
- To apply as an internal candidate, please click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine