- Country: South Sudan
- Organization: WHO
- Deadline: 2023-11-13
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Logistics Assistant – Multiple duty stations (Aweil, Rumbek, Malakal, Bentiu, Kuajok, Juba, Yambio, Torit, Bor, Wau) – (2309520)
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 months
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2023, 12:19:12 PM
Closing Date: Nov 14, 2023, 3:29:00 AM
Primary Location: South Sudan
Organization: AF_SSD South Sudan
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Purpose of the Position
At the country level, the incumbent will be a member of Logistics/Fleet team which provides of well-rounded logistics and operations support services, this includes the transport, customs clearance, delivery, storage, and management of material assets for WCO/ South Sudan; support the establishment of functional offices, housing and storage facilities at both national and subnational levels as required.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objectives
Country Office Support Units have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment. Ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives)
The Logistics Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate the supply and distribution/delivery of international shipments, monitor, and assess
quality, quantity, and safety of the received goods; oversee clearance and proper storage of goods.
and initiate duty exemption requests.
- Schedule and monitor deliveries by suppliers, clearing agents
and organization’s warehouses. Establish and maintain regular contacts with clearing and
forwarding agents, customs, UN Agencies, NGOs, and Government authorities.
- Follow up and ensure that goods are promptly delivered to the right recipients and that appropriate receipts are received.
- Monitor on-going shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims and other data, brief
supervisors of any unforeseen problems pertaining to discharge, clearing operations, deliveries, etc. and recommend solutions / corrective actions.
- Ensure logistics support of daily Emergency response team routines activities with appropriate transportation means, facilities and equipment.
- Assist officer in charge of Office, EOC and Compound management to ensure adequate infrastructure maintenance (Minor repairs, Power Supply access, Cleanliness of premises…)
- Assist WHE fleet management, including planning and monitoring fleet movements, oversee the maintenance of vehicles.
- In close cooperation with the Field Security Officer, ensure that appropriate and safe living conditions are provided to WHO-deployed staff and responders.
- Provide quality assistance to the set up and maintenance of cold chain facilities for any medical items requiring temperature control environment.
- Monitor and report regularly to the emergency team, drawing their attention to needs, gaps and problems, and proposing remedial actions.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports to the Operations Officer on Logistic activities across the country including fixed assets, facilities maintenance and movement of stocks, office consumables and office equipment.
- Prepare monthly inventory report with indicative analysis giving recommendations on need for replacement and/or purchase of additional equipment; Provide logistics support for upcoming logistics requirements as may be required.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of all – fixed assets and attractive items.
- Supervise physical verification of fixed assets and generate collated quarterly reports from Regional Admin Assistants.
- Maintain custody of fixed assets bar codes and accept assets in GSM while bar coding. Generate annual fixed assets movement cards based on the WHO e-manual XIII.
- Support the management of the office premises and furniture and arrange repair/maintenance when required
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
. Recruitment Profile
Describe the core, management and leadership competencies required – See WHO competency model – list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones.
*2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Knowing and managing yourself
- 5. Producing results
Functional Knowledge and Skills: –
*Describe the essential knowledge and the skills specific to the position.
- The incumbent maintains and updates proficiency in the use of modern office technology through of in-house courses, on-the-job training, or self-training.
- He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in the department, the cluster and WHO, to be able to brief others and explain procedures.
Essential: Completion of secondary school, supplemented by training in the field of security and/or
Desirable: University degree in business administration, logistics management or related field is an asset.
Essential: Eight (8) years of experience in the field of supply/logistics.
Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions in WHO or another UN agency an asset.
Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
Desirable: Arabic: Excellent knowledge of Arabic
Other Considerations (e.g. Physical Workplace Condition, if other than normal office environment; IT Skills; etc.)
- Work requires the use of word processing or other software packages, and standard office
equipment. Formal or self-training in the use of standard office software.
- Training in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
- Work requires the use of word processing facilities to create, edit, format and print correspondence and documents; spreadsheet and visual presentation software; extensive use of e-mail and scheduling software to improve communications both internally and externally, Oracle/GSM for administrative matters.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in South Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in South Sudan