- Country: Sudan
- Organization: WHO
- Deadline: 2023-11-19
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Consultants template – (2309362)
Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 10 months
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2023, 6:37:53 PM
Closing Date: Nov 20, 2023, 3:29:00 AM
Primary Location: Sudan-Port Sudan
Organization: EM_SUD WHO Representative’s Office, Sudan
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
1.Purpose of the Consultancy
To provide technical engineering services in the areas of design, drawings, construction and rehabilitation documents, construction method statement in Sudan. The engineering consultancy services are needed for the rehabilitation, upgrading, modifications and renovation.
Engineering consultancy services for the Construction and Rehabilitation Works at 12 states in Sudan in different areas including rehabilitation of 12 hospital emergency unit, construction of 10 Covid-19 isolation centers, construction of regional public health laboratory and rehabilitation of two other public health laboratories.
- Planned timelines
• Start date :15 Novemver 2023
• End date :15 October 2024
Work to be performed
Output 1:Manage Tender and Bidding process from drafting up till selection of contractor.
Deliverable 1.1: Produce Tender documents; draft the administrative & legal conditions, the bill of quantities and the technical specifications
Deliverable 1.2: Provide list of prequalified construction and designing companies as per pre designed and agreed checklist.
Deliverable 1.3:. Manage Bid opening process:
• Analyze and prequalify construction and design companies for further biding competition.
• Participate in the evaluation panel for the selection of the successful bidder.
Output 2 :Prepare and plan for the management of the project.
Deliverable 2.1: Adapt the technical proposal, work statement and plan the optimum time schedule of the project to meet the needs of the implanted work on field in coordination with the selected contractor and the supervision office
Deliverable 2.2: Coordinate the project kick‐off meeting and set the baseline for the contract signature between the WCO and the successful bidder
Output 3: Oversee and ensure that the work is implemented as per signed contract in terms of quality and quantities, the allocated budget and within the time frame.
Deliverable 3.1: Oversee the handover process of the project site to the contractor in full coordination with the supervision office
Deliverable 3.2: Develop reports on hand over process of project site
Deliverable 3.3: Monitor the of progress of work on site.
Deliverable 3.4: Identify areas to be improved to ensure timely implementation of the project.
Deliverable 3.5: develop regular reports and share them with focal persons at WCO.
Deliverable 3.6: Verify and endorse the payments of the contractor invoices as per implemented works.
Essential: University degree in Engineering science
Desirable: Post graduate degree in engineering management, special training in the environmental engineering science, and certification of engineering consultancy from the syndicate of engineers and membership of the engineering society is an asset.
Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of implementing engineering projects in different countries, the previous work with UN agencies will be an asset, knowledge of WHO rules and regulations is preferable.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
• Professional knowledge of the rules of International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC).
- Planning and monitoring of design and construction phases.
- Professional knowledge of integrated engineering disciplines, applications of green buildings’ approach and environmental friendly projects.
- Acts proactively and stimulates action as needed.
• Report writing skills, data analysis and presentation skill
English language: Expert level in reading, writing, and speaking.
Arabic language: Expert level in reading, writing, and speaking.
Place of assignment
WHO Sudan Temporary Country Office in Port Sudan with the option of work from home modality.
The selected Consultant will be expected to provide a medical certificate of fitness for work.
The selected consultant will conduct field visits to project sites as required to undertake preliminary field assessment and/or monitor the progress of work and provide relevant reports WHE team lead and the Operation Manager.
|From||TBC||To||TBC||TBC depending on the situation on ground|
|Purpose:||For program activities.|
This vacancy notice may be used to identify candidates for other similar consultancies at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- If your candidature is retained for interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- The WHO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The WHO recruits workforce regardless of disability status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, race, marital status, religious, cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds, or any other personal characteristics.
The WHO is committed to achieving gender parity and geographical diversity in its workforce. Women, persons with disabilities, and nationals of unrepresented and underrepresented Member States (https://www.who.int/careers/diversity-equity-and-inclusion) are strongly encouraged to apply for WHO jobs.
Persons with disabilities can request reasonable accommodations to enable participation in the recruitment process. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be sent through an email to email@example.com.
- • An impeccable record for integrity and professional ethical standards is essential. WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter (https://www.who.int/about/who-we-are/our-values) into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of short-listed candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Consultants shall perform the work as independent contractors in a personal capacity, and not as a representative of any entity or authority.
- WHO shall have no responsibility for any taxes, duties, social security contributions or other contributions payable by the Consultant. The Consultant shall be solely responsible for withholding and paying any taxes, duties, social security contributions and any other contributions which are applicable to the Consultant in each location/jurisdiction in which the work hereunder is performed, and the Consultant shall not be entitled to any reimbursement thereof by WHO.
- Please note that WHO’s contracts are conditional on members of the workforce confirming that they are vaccinated as required by WHO before undertaking a WHO assignment, except where a medical condition does not allow such vaccination, as certified by the WHO Staff Health and Wellbeing Services (SHW). The successful candidate will be asked to provide relevant evidence related to this condition. A copy of the updated vaccination card must be shared with WHO medical service in the medical clearance process. Please note that certain countries require proof of specific vaccinations for entry or exit. For example, official proof /certification of yellow fever vaccination is required to enter many countries. Country-specific vaccine recommendations can be found on the WHO international travel and Staff Health and Wellbeing website. For vaccination-related queries please directly contact SHW directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case the recruitment website does not display properly, please retry by:
- (i) checking that you have the latest version of the browser installed (Chrome, Edge or Firefox);
- (ii) clearing your browser history and opening the site in a new browser (not a new tab within the same browser);
- or (iii) retry accessing the website using Mozilla Firefox browser or using another device.
- Click the link for detailed guidance on completing job applications: Instructions for candidates .
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan