- Country: Sudan
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 15, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Standard Job Description
Senior Registration Assistant
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Registration Assistant is a member of the Registration team. The incumbent is responsible for supporting all activities related to registration, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management. S/he provides counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements. S/he liaises closely with protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern (POC) for protection follow up. The Senior Registration Assistant may assist in compiling and analysing information related to registration activities in the Operation. The incumbent may provide interpretation and/or translation services in cases for which s/he has the required language competencies.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for POC.
– Conduct registration interviews when required in accordance with registration standards and guidance.
– Provide counselling to, and responds to queries from, asylum seekers and refugees regarding UNHCR’s registration procedures and their rights and entitlements.
– Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all individual registration cases.
– Identify persons with specific needs and ensure timely referral to protection follow-up as required.
– Collaborate with protection staff and/or partners in the delivery of assistance and programming, including provision of identity and entitlement documentation.
– Draft correspondence and reports relating to registration activities in the Operation, when required
– Provide statistics and draft reports related to registration data, as requested.
– Act as interpreter and translator when needed.
– Refer cases to other units within the office and to implementing partners as necessary.
– Draft and submit reports and statistics related to registration.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Social Science Statistics Mathematics Information Technology
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
Training in basic principles of international protection. Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
PG-Programme Management (programme cycles and reporting standards)
DM-Data Collection and Analysis
RG-Registration SoPs Design/Implementation
TR-Training – Virtual and face to face
IT-IT Refugee Systems & Applications
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Office Management or related fields.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant job experience.
• Good computer skills, particularly in data management.
• Excellent knowledge of English and local language
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan