- Country: Sudan
- Organization: DRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-16
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Protection Monitoring Assistant
Job Title: Protection Monitoring Assistant
Duty Station: SOUTH KORDOFAN, SUDAN
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified candidate to fill the position of Protection Assistant Monitoring for our Country’s operations in Kadugli, DRC is an equal opportunity employer, that promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC started its Country operations in Sudan in 2004, with expertise in Protection, Economic Recovery, Shelter, and Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA).
About the job
The DRC Kadugli office is looking to employ a Protection Assistant Monitoring, the successful candidate will be under the supervision of the Protection Team leader (TL), and he or she will contribute to the day-to-day implementation of the Protection activities in the field locations, The position is responsible in working with communities, these include but are not limited to individual interviews, key informant interviews, focus group discussions, direct observation, and community engagement, weekly plans and reports. He or she will participate in the implementation of all DRC’s protection objectives for South Kordofan state, the candidate must understand participatory activities and how to engage the community.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Under the supervision of the Protection Team leader, carry out effective protection monitoring activities with efficiency and according to the developed work plan.
- Contribute to the update on the protection monitoring tools (including FGD, KII, and direct observation forms) used to carry out protection monitoring activities.
- Monitor and share trends for analysis of the protection situation and
- environment in all areas of intervention for all groups of concern for management, program, and advocacy purposes.
- Implement DRC’s protection monitoring activities ensuring timely delivery of the agreed outputs, in accordance with international standards.
- Share information to allow awareness of and response to developments, emergencies, and population movements through participating in rapid protection assessments, joint assessments, protection analysis, etc. to identify protection concerns and needs to inform the response.
- Constantly monitor the provision of services in areas of operation, and report on findings to ensure highest level of access to services.
- Support officers and Team Leaders to contribute to the regular development of protection monitoring products, including monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ad-hoc reports as requested by the Protection Team Leader or Protection Manager.
As well as other duties that may be assigned to you by the TL/Protection Manager.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a
- 1 –2 years of professional experience in the field of humanitarian interventions, human rights, civil society, communication, or community development, preferably with an International Humanitarian Organization.
- Experience working with conflict-affected and/or vulnerable groups, including refugee populations.
- Experience in community mobilization and implementing of community outreach activities.
- Familiarity with international protection and human rights and displacement contexts in Sudan.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively represent a humanitarian organization with the individuals and communities and build trust.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University Degree in the field of Social Sciences, Sociology, Community Development, Communication, Humanitarian Affairs, or any other related field.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic
- Good knowledge of English language
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 4 Months
Designation of Duty Station: Accompanied Family
Start date: 1st December 2023
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 16th November, 2023
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan