- Country: Sudan
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-23
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Cash and Markets Programme Development Manager Sudan
As the Cash & Markets Programme Development Manager (PDM), you will lead the design, development and implementation of market-based approach programmes including cash and voucher assistance (CVA) in NRC Sudan. You will support the institutionalization of market based approaches in NRC Sudan, within and between Core Competencies (CCs).
NRC Sudan has a high ambition level in promoting ethical, effective, efficient, and large-scale market-based programming, either separately (through a ‘basic needs’ approach, e.g. multipurpose cash) or as a modality to achieve sectoral outcomes (e.g. market-based approaches for WASH programming)
- Lead the inclusion of market-based approaches within NRC Sudan programming where appropriate, and build staff capacities and systems accordingly.
- Oversee large-scale multipurpose cash and e-cash programme development and operations across NRC Sudan, to help displacement- and conflict-affected families meet their basic needs and where possible achieve financial inclusion.
- With Logistics Manager and CC PDMs, manage market analysis, information management and monitoring systems. In doing so, identify and/or develop market-based programming opportunities for NRC Sudan to achieve CC outcomes and appropriate market price monitoring systems.
- With Digital PDM and finance teams, manage relationships with financial service providers and mobile network operators, and relevant private sector, to deliver efficient and large-scale CVA operations
- With CC Specialists, identify potential partners for market based approach and nexus programming and private and public partnership programming.
- Represent NRC Sudan in relevant working groups including the Cash Working Group, and support advisory and advocacy efforts for the broader humanitarian sector in Sudan to adopt MBP in strategies and plans.
What you will bring:
- Minimum five years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts (experience in contexts with high levels of inflation would be desirable)
- Knowledge and experience in developing and facilitating trainings in market assessments, market based approaches and cash and voucher assistance.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Proficiency in Arabic is a strong asset.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in designing and undertaking market assessments and analysis, designing and implementing market based approaches and programmes (including cash-and voucher assistance).
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC, we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12 months renewable fixed term contract subject to terms and conditions
- We aim to attract internationally experienced candidates with a starting monthly fee of NOK 57, 744 (currently paid in USD)
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause; Learn more about NRC
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
- Find out more about the benefits of working for NRC
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
“To apply as an internal candidate, log in with your official email or click on Opportunity MarketPlace”
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan