- Country: Sudan
- Organization: Geneva Call
- Deadline: 2023-11-14
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Programme Coordinator (Focus on Protection & Peacebuilding)
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call’s mission is to ensure that armed groups and de facto authorities (AGDA) respect International Humanitarian Law and basic humanitarian principles in the areas where they fight or they control.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
The role is responsible for coordinating protection and conflict resolution/peacebuilding activities, with a special focus on the Blue Nile project. This Coordinator will lead on specific program development, implementation, and monitoring. In addition, will contribute to capacity building of programs teams as well as to dialogue and capacity building activities with key target groups and beneficiaries in line with the mission program and Blue Nile project goals; enhancing protection of civilians while prevent & mitigate violence.
- Conduct key stakeholders/actor mapping
- Continuously monitor local conflict situations, track conflict trends and identify protection issues
Capacity Building and Training
- Develop training materials and support local partners to adapt it to local needs
- Build Geneva Call program staff capacity on protection and conflict resolution while contributing to capacity building activities with local partners, CSO and community leaders
- Design and develop project proposals or activities on protection of civilians and conflict resolution/peacebuilding
Implementation and Monitoring
- Quality and planned implementation in line with program plans
- Monitor and evaluate quality and pertinence of the intervention
Advocacy and Communication
- Actively engage in existing relevant forums and working groups in country to develop GC’s positioning and contribution on civilian protection and reduction violence to vulnerable communities
- Develop advocacy and communications strategies
- Write advocacy briefings, reports, externally published articles, and blogs, as well as assist in the drafting of Q&As and opinion pieces.
Education and experience
- 3-5 years’ work experience in conflict analysis, peacebuilding & conflict resolution, protection of civilians including community-based protection, IHL and IHRL
- Completed degree of Higher Education in relevant field such as International Relations, International Humanitarian or Human Rights Law, Political or Social Science.
- Previous experience in engagement with armed actors, access negotiations, training, and/or civilian protection highly desirable.
- Proven experience in developing humanitarian protection projects in conflict affected countries.
- Solid experience in conflict analysis, peacebuilding & conflict resolution, protection of civilians including community-based protection, IHL and IHRL.
- Program cycle management skills including developing proposals, implementing programs and reporting.
- Experience in capacity building and updating & developing training materials.
- Experience in advocacy is an added value.
- Knowledge of the conflict context(s) in Sudan and particularly, Blue Nile State is desirable.
- English is a must. Arabic is strongly desirable.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- English (C1-C2)
- Arabic (C1-C2) – Desirable
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the GC Performance Management p. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position : Program Coordinator
- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract (International position)
- Activity rate: 100%, full-time position
- Work place: Sudan
- Preferred start date: 01 January 2024
No later than 14 November, 2023.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan