Consultancy – Technical Report – Gender Equality Consultant Req.# 567180
- Country: USA
- Organization: UNICEF
- Deadline: 2023-11-11
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Scope of Work:
The consultant will be responsible to produce the following reports, in English, which will include several stages of internal clearance, following which revisions will need to be made to the reports as per comments received.
1. The UNICEF Annual UN SWAP Report – draft and final report
2. UNICEF GAP Executive Board Report: Following every stage of internal clearance of the report, revisions will need to be made to the report as per comments received.
o Draft Board report based on inputs received from UNICEF COs, Regional Gender Advisors and UNICEF programme sectors and divisions.
o Revise and finalize the draft report based on the review and clearance process
o Identify key messages, sensitive issues, and content for the PowerPoint presentation to the Executive Board
Terms of Reference / Key Deliverables:
- UNSWAP report: Compile, synthesize inputs towards the inter-agency report
By 20 January 2024
- GAP Board report: Compile, synthesize inputs towards the executive board report
By 31 March 2024
- GAP Board report additional materials: Key messages, sensitive issues, and presentation content
By 30 June 2024
- Masters/University degree in social sciences (i.e. sociology, demography, psychology, political science, social policy or economics), public health, public policy, public administration, international development, or in an area relevant to UNICEF’s sectoral work (e.g. Health, Nutrition, WASH, Education, Child Protection, Social Protection, Inclusion, HIV/AIDs, etc.) is required.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of progressively responsible professional experience and demonstrated track record of having undertaken substantive writing and led technical support on gender and development.
- Past experience with UNICEF in children’s rights in business, women and girls’ empowerment, gender rights is an advantage.
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills with specific experience writing on gender related issues and knowledge products
- Able to translate theoretic concepts into easy to digest/brief notes and concepts
- Be able to work independently as well as with a team in an international, multicultural, and interdisciplinary environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Experience in work environment of an international agency, UN, or international institutions is desirable; prior experience in UNICEF is an asset.
- Experience in developing country contexts and an understanding of development challenges from the field perspective is desirable
- Required computer skills (MS Windows, MS Office applications, Infographics).
- Excellent written communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of UNICEF/UN reporting systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish for report reading highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate sensitively to different audiences.
- Familiar with Do No Harm principle and ethics
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA