- Country: USA
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Educational service coordination
- Coordinate adult education classes, including coordination of class schedules, enrollment and registration.
- Administer pre and post assessments and examine results to process changes to improve student learning.
- Assist families with school enrollment and facilitate parent-school meetings.
Teaching & facilitation
- Facilitate classes for multilingual groups of IRC clients from a facilitator’s guide and implement hands-on activities to enhance the experience and learning for clients, with support from interpreters.
- Provide in-depth public transit training by riding with clients on city buses.
- Incorporate remote and in-person computer-based learning into the orientation process.
Interdepartmental collaboration and case management support
- Collaborate with Caseworkers to maintain and distribute language specific and culturally appropriate materials and community resources to all clients.
- Connect clients to external services through referral systems.
- Support partnership expansion with community service providers, volunteer organizations, ethnic community organizations, ELT programs, and other adult education programs to enhance the cultural orientation and connected integration of new arrival refugees and asylees.
Reporting and compliance
- Track and record attendance, referrals, progress, and other such data points using Microsoft products, digital platforms, and physical filing systems.
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and actively engage as a team member.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, program standards, and grant requirements.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Education or related field.
- Hold TESOL certification form and /or a minimum two years of experience in TESOL instruction in a classroom setting for an adult education program.
- Minimum two years experience in adult education programs.
- Previous experience working with refugees or other diverse populations preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, bilingual ability preferred in Dari/ Farsi, Pashto preferred.
- Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook). Experience in web-based data entry systems and databases strongly preferred.
- Able to work through a variety of mediums in presenting and teaching effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area for remote, home or field based teaching.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA