National Project Coordinator – Small Enterprise Promotion NOB (DC)
- Country: Kenya
- Organization: ILO
- Deadline: 2023-11-21
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Description of Duties
- Conduct research, including field research, to support analyses in selected sectors and value chains and assist in the design of innovative strategies to engage the private sector in initiatives to promote decent job creation for host communities and refugees in selected sectors and value chains.
- Prepare action plans for the implementation of activities to develop selected sectors and value chain in close collaboration with key private sector actors, undertake travel to different regions of Kenya to coordinate project activities with relevant project partners.
- Contribute to the organization of workshops and capacity building measures with and for key project partners, including BDS and training providers, market actors in key sectors and constituents, as well as refugees and host communities as needed.
- Support the development, implementation, and assessment of overall project activities, including pilot interventions with key private sector actors for the benefit of refugees and host communities in selected sectors, and scaling up of those interventions that are successful.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring system to measure progress and results of project activities, monitor market developments and private sector engagement in targeted sectors, and use the collected information to inform the project strategy.
- Assist in developing strategies to mainstream gender and environmental issues in the project, ensuring gender perspectives and environmental considerations are central to all the activities during both the inception and implementation phases.
- Support the development and implementation of an effective communication and knowledge sharing strategy and plan for relevant national and international audiences.
- Liaise in a timely manner with other relevant ILO projects and the DW Technical Team covering the country to maximize synergy that may exist with other ILO core priorities and ensure the project is in line with the outcomes established under the P&B, the DWCPs, and ensure smooth collaboration with the Entrepreneurship and Inclusive Markets Global Technical Team of the ILO.
First level university degree in economics, development or other relevant discipline/field.
At least three years of professional experience in the area of small enterprises promotion, private sector development or market systems development at the national level. A good knowledge of the economic context in Kenya and/or the situation of urban refugees in Kenya would be an advantage
Excellent command of English. Working knowledge of an official national language of the duty station.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya