Intern One Health [Temporary]
- Country: Kenya
- Organization: UNEP
- Deadline: 2023-11-20
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Under the direct supervision of the One Health Team coordinator:
• Assist the OH Team in organizing the Quadripartite Annual Executive Meeting, including preparing documents and managing logistics;
• Develop key communications materials in print, online and for social media;
• Support the OH Team in drafting technical documents;
• Assist in the preparation of workshops, meetings and other events to take place in Nairobi and other countries to achieve programmatic results;
• Communicate with partners, consultants, implementers, etc. on programmatic activities to support programmatic results;
• Undertake targeted desktop research to compile background information, facts, data and other pieces to inform technical inputs including and in particular on linkages between Antimicrobial resistance (AMR), climate change and health;
• Assist in tracking key policy developments;
• Undertake other tasks as required, and in accordance with the intern’s interests and experience.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Applicants must, at the time of application, meet one of the following requirements:
• Master’s Degree or currently enrolled in a Master’s Programme;
• Background in health sciences, One Health policy, development studies, or other related field;
• Demonstrated interest and experience in issues related to One Health (experience in One Health highly desirable) and sustainable development required.
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya