- Country: Kenya
- Organization: WHO
- Deadline: 2023-11-21
- No of Vacancies: N/A
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Within the delegated authority, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities:
- Provide support and input to the Business Operations Unit or the immediate supervisor on aspects of planning, resource allocation and human resources management of the programmes and projects of the Department.
- Brief staff at all levels on budget, financial, administrative, HR and other procedures and practices and monitor the correct use of the WHO Financial Rules and Regulations by staff in their implementation of funds.
- Cross-check obligating documents available from GSM or other on-line systems, monitoring the availability of funds and alerting to upcoming shortfalls, updating files, and transferring funds as instructed; upon instruction clearance of obligating documents, checking them for completeness, and following-up on missing elements as required.
- Monitor expenditures and alert supervisor on issues of compliance with work plans, financial rules and regulations and award agreements.
- Follow up on the mid-term reviews and the end of year of biennium closure of accounts exercise for the Department.
- Review contractual documents, issuing PTAEO numbers, earmarking funds, and verifying and clearing payment requests; prepare appropriate draft contracts for individuals or service providers such as APW’s, and other contract modalities.
- Monitoring the staffing level of the Department, keeping track of all contract extensions and renewal deadlines, checking and ensuring that funds are available for the proposed contract and ensure that the renewal of contracts for staff are carried out in a timely fashion, maintaining and updating the Departmental HR plan accordingly; acting as leave administrator for the Department.
- Monitor, and follow-up on programme implementation-levels, drawing the attention of the Director to problems, inconsistencies delays and other anomalies detected.
- Provide assistance on the Department`s HR-administrative issues. Manage the smooth running of the administrative functions in the Department, including maintaining an up to date status of the office space and acting as the office space focal point for the Department.
- On own initiative draft routine correspondence, and upon instructions and guidance draft correspondence of a non-routine character; finalize correspondence/reports for signature; analyze incoming correspondence and requests, researching, obtaining and attaching background information where required, or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other senior staff concerned to urgent items and deadlines.
- Take minutes in the Departmental group meetings.
- Provide administrative and logistical assistance in the context of the organization of meetings relating to the work of the Department.
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work as assigned.
Essential: Completion of secondary school educationor equivalent.
Essential: At least 5 years of relevant experience.
Desirable: Relevant experience in WHO or another UNagency an asset. Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
The incumbent is expected to staycurrent to developments in his/her area through attending in-house and on-linetraining courses.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of French.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya