- Country: Kenya
- Organization: UNOPS
- Deadline: 2023-11-20
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Summary of key results:
- Implementation of operational procurement strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Team Management
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Implements key aspects of operational procurement strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of assigned procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Implementation of, or support to, the different steps of the procurement processes, including Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
2. Provides technical support and guidance to procurement processes of the Business Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly prepared elements of procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation
- Guidelines followed on embedding sustainability along the procurement process.
- Organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation.
- Preparation of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (CPCs).
- Monitoring of contractor performance and certification of completed work for compliance with contractual terms and payment.
- Advice, remedial actions, or solutions to Project Managers on procurement issues.
- Drafting of Long Term Agreements (LTAs) and/or service contracts and other instruments, when necessary, either through standard or emergency procurement procedures.
3. Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers.
- Utilization of sourcing module in accordance with UNOPS Procurement Group’s goals and standards in this area.
4. Team Management:
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
5. Knowledge Sharing:
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on Procurement-related topics.
- Contribute to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in human resources management.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
The key results directly affect the overall efficiency of the relevant business unit/s and project activities in procurement management, impacting the timely availability of effective goods and services for UNOPS’ programmes. Timely, market-aware, and accountable delivery of goods and services, contribute to office performance, efficiency and client satisfaction, which promote the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field is required.
- Master’s degree in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management or related field is an asset.
- Certification from the Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification is an asset
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management is required
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is desirable.
- Experience in the use of Google Suite packages is desirable
- Knowledge of UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is a distinct advantage.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya