Social Protection Programme Policy Officer P3, in Regional Bureau Dakar
- Country: Senegal
- Organization: WFP
- Deadline: 2023-11-27
- No of Vacancies: N/A
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Coordinate with and support WFP Country offices in the Sahel regarding the implementation of project activities
- Support the implementation of the regionally-led activities of the project:
- Contribute to evidence generation processes and content (supporting contracting process, support to country offices, technical inputs and contribution)
- Support training, learning and coordination: contribute to defining activities and calendar, and support implementation (organization of training sessions, information sharing, contribution to technical notes, etc.)
- Contribute to developing and implementing the communications plan in coordination with communications colleagues
- Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements, mid-term and end point reviews.
- Contribute to the development and update of project workplans, budget reviews, and other project management activities, ensuring coordination with UNICEF regional social protection team
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports, publications, and a variety of knowledge products or proposals for internal or external use that position and strengthen the credibility of WFP as a partner in social protection.
- Support country offices in the development of their Country Strategic Plans, ensuring inclusion of social protection.
- Design and manage social protection programmes of moderate size or complexity that effectively meet food security and nutrition needs;
- Establish and maintain strategic and operational partnerships for complementary and collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve social protection and support related advocacy work within all relevant audiences.
- Enhance WFP’s leadership status in different forums pertinent to social protection.
- Contribute to resource mobilization efforts for WFP social protection activities, including by articulating a business case for WFP’s contributions to social protection and exploring new potential resource channels;
- Advise and support the design of learning initiatives that enhance the capacity of WFP staff and partners to engage in social protection-relevant policy dialogues, programme design and delivery.
- Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced University degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, International Development, International Relations, Sociology, or other fields relevant to social protection, or a First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Experience: 5 or more years of professional experience relevant to social protection, preferably contributing to food security and/or nutrition objectives:
• Has experience working across the policy cycle;
• Has experience working across various programme types relevant to social protection (e.g. cash-transfer programmes, school feeding, public works / food assistance for assets, insurance programmes);
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of French.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Senegal, please click here: UN jobs in Senegal