Associate Government Liaison Officer
- Country: Brazil
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 13, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
– Participates in formulating and communicating UNHCR positions on Government-related matters on protection, assistance and inclusion of refugees, providing suggestions for briefing notes, talking points and issues papers for relevant discussions with the Government.
– Provides suggestions for promoting UNHCR’s policies and liaising with Government authorities on issues related to latest humanitarian and development processes.
– Assists in establishing and coordinating country-specific coordination mechanisms for situations co-led by UNHCR and the Government. Where applicable, assists in supporting the development of country-specific refugee response plans (or refugee and migration response plan and refugee and resilience plan) and comprehensive responses.
– Assists in ensuring the coherence of the work of the Multi-sector group (MSG) in accordance with the Government.
– Assists in organizing and implementing capacity-building seminars or training programmes for target groups (government officials, etc.).
– Responds to queries from Government Officials, NGOs, individuals, etc. and provides the information required or appropriately refers the queries elsewhere.
– Assists the supervisor in preparation of statements that represent UNHCR’s overall policies and which highlight specific area of concern, ensuring that the supervisor is prepared for meetings/missions by providing relevant information and establishing contacts.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB – 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Brazil, please click here: UN jobs in Brazil