UNEP Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) – Administrative Support Individual Contractor
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: UNEP
- Deadline: 2023-11-10
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The overall objective of the UNEP’s Economy Division is to encourage decision makers in government, local authorities and industry to develop and adopt policies, strategies and practices and technologies that promote sustainable patterns of consumption and production, make efficient use of natural resources, ensure safe management of chemicals and contribute to making trade and environment policies mutually supportive. It promotes the development, use and transfer of policies, technologies, economic instruments, managerial practices and other tools that assist in environmentally sound decision making and the building of corresponding activities.
The United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) is the strategic partnership between the United Nations and over 450 banks, insurers and investors. For over 28 years UNEP FI has been shaping and driving the international sustainable finance agenda, setting global standards and growing a global network of leading financial institutions. Through its work-streams and regional activities, peer learning, methodology development, training and research, UNEP FI promotes sustainable finance and helps the financial industry align with and contribute to the Paris Agreement and Sustainable Development Goals.
UNEP FI needs an Individual contractor (IC) to assist and provide administrative and financial support to the finance and climate team. The IC will assist with office management tasks, financial and general administration requirements.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
The consultant will aid in the following project/tasks for UNEP FI’s finance work:
• The IC will assist to update and maintain members’ website.
• The IC will assist to maintain the climate team calendar.
• The IC will assist to collate, prepare supporting documents for FI and Climate team procurement requests.
• Assist to prepare welcome packages for new members in Q1 2024.
• Assist to send invoices for 2024 and 2025.
• Assist to chase pending invoices for 2022,2023 and 2024.
• The Individual Contactor will assist collecting climate team Consultants Paperwork update both in hard copy format and in the shared drives.
• The IC will also assist in recording payments and general expenditures for the climate team programme.
• The IC will assist to download BI reports and share with the supervisor.
Outputs and Deliverables:
• The UNEP FI website is up to date.
• The climate team calendar is maintained all the time.
• FI and climate team procurement requests are done in a timely manner.
• Welcome packages for new members are sent after three (3) working days.
• Invoices for 2025 are dispatched in a timely manner.
• Reminders for outstanding payments for 2022, 2023 and 2024 are done in a timely manner.
• Ensure climate team consultants paperwork are up to date and correctly filled in both hard copy format and in the shared drives.
The consultant shall be under the overall supervision of the Head of UNEP FI and report directly to the Budget & Finance Assistant, working in close coordination with UNEP FI’s Climate team.
Education: A University degree in finance, accounting or administration, or a related field.
Professional Experience: At least one (1) year working experience in finance, accounting, or administration.
Languages: English is the working language of UNEP FI. Knowledge of other United Nations languages is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland