UNEP Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) – Communications Consultant – Editorial, Strategy and Key Messaging
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: UNEP
- Deadline: 2023-11-10
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The overall objective of the UNEP’s Economy Division is to encourage decision makers in government, local authorities and industry to develop and adopt policies, strategies and practices and technologies that promote sustainable patterns of consumption and production, make efficient use of natural resources, ensure safe management of chemicals and contribute to making trade and environment policies mutually supportive. It promotes the development, use and transfer of policies, technologies, economic instruments, managerial practices and other tools that assist in environmentally sound decision making and the building of corresponding activities.
The United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) is the strategic partnership between the United Nations and over 450 banks, insurers and investors. For over 28 years UNEP FI has been shaping and driving the international sustainable finance agenda, setting global standards and growing a global network of leading financial institutions. Through its work-streams and regional activities, peer learning, methodology development, training and research, UNEP FI promotes sustainable finance and helps the financial industry align with and contribute to the Paris Agreement and Sustainable Development Goals.
UNEP FI needs a consultant to assist with communications requirements for sustainable finance policy and climate-related publications and currently does not have the relevant professional expertise internally.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
To deliver editing and proofreading services, general messaging, executive summary and final version ready for publication of the UNEP FI white paper ‘climate alignment in banking regulation’.
To deliver editing and proofreading services, general messaging, executive summary and final version ready for publication of the UNEP FI white paper ‘UK policy brief’.
To provide media support on communication messages and social media for launch of the respective publications.
To provide further editorial tasks such as referencing, glossary and other ad hoc support as needed.
Outputs and Deliverables:
• Deliver editing and proofreading services, general messaging, executive summary and final version ready for publication of the UNEP FI white paper ‘climate alignment in banking regulation’ and ‘UK policy brief’.
• Coordinate with UNEP FI policy team and authors of the papers, arrange meetings to review draft deliverables, iterations.
• Deliver editing and proofreading services, general messaging, executive summary and final version ready for publication of the UNEP FI technical papers ‘Physical climate risk assessment challenges: data and risk management’ and ‘Adaptation & resilience metrics: Measuring impact in investments’.
• Coordinate with UNEP FI adaptation lead, other climate risk team members and authors of the papers, arrange meetings to review draft deliverables, iterations.
• Coordinate with UNEP FI design and communications teams as needed.
• Drafting general communication materials, key messages and defensives in preparation for publication.
• Drafting of social media posts, developing social media pieces in line with UNEP FI brand guidelines
The consultant shall be under the overall supervision of the Head of UNEP FI and report directly to the Programme Management Officer. The consultant will be working in close coordination with the UNEP FI’s Climate adaptation consultant and Communications Coordinator
Education: A University degree in communications, marketing, PR, media, international relations, business, event management, Administration, public relations or a related field.
Professional Experience: At least 7 years of relevant experience, especially in communications in the financial services sector, or at NGOs, academic organizations, standard-setting bodies, public agencies focused on sustainability and regulation for the financial sector.
Languages: English is the working language of UNEP FI. Knowledge of other United Nations languages is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland