- Country: Ukraine
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-11-21
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Today Ukraine is facing its most serious challenges since achieving independence in 1991. The ongoing war has already resulted in significant loss of life, unprecedented displacement, internally and towards neighboring countries, and devastating destruction of infrastructure. The UN Ukraine Flash Appeal shows that at least 15.7 million people are in immediate need of emergency assistance and protection. Early projections indicate that if the war should continue in the medium to long term, up to 90% of the Ukrainian population could face poverty and extreme economic vulnerability, and the country’s socio-economic progress could be set-back by almost 20 years. In the short-term, 62% of the population is at high risk of falling into poverty. Ukraine’s economy is set to shrink by 45% this year due to the war and even with a moderate recovery in the next few years, by 2025 the GDP would still only be two-thirds of the pre-war GDP in 2021.
In addition, the country faces losses of many people’s lives and devastative destruction of infrastructures and economic bases. Currently, more than 50% of the energy infrastructure damaged, causing the massive disruption of energy supply nationwide with millions of people experiencing power outages and challenges in heating. Extensive scale of destruction of infrastructure, rehabilitating or constructing infrastructures and installing equipment with necessary supply of the materials is urgently required to restore or maintain life-line and key basic services, followed by removal or mines and explosives as well as debris.
The widespread presence of landmines, cluster munition, and other explosive remnants of war (ERW) in Ukraine pose a considerable and mounting threat. To address the emergency needs in the country, and meet long-term goals for Ukraine, UNDP is scaling-up the project interventions within Mine Action with a focus on supporting Mine Action authorities and emergency service responders.
In this context, UNDP in Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced professionals for the post of Project Analyst who will be responsible for the overall support of implementation of the the described project and other related outputs related in the portfolio, performing a variety of standard operational services within the projects frameworks ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The incumbent will promote UNDPs mandate as a gender-responsive organization with zero tolerance for any kind of discriminatory and abusive behaviour, including sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Ensure delivery and quality project management results by the following:
- Ensure that the quality of project inputs meets the expected standards and is sufficient to produce project outputs and targets;
- Develop a detailed project implementation plan, coordinates and supervises the work of project experts and consultants, including the preparation of the terms of reference for consultants, national experts and subcontractors recruited under the project, forward planning of project activities and budget expenditures, activity scheduling, and reporting;
- Provide substantive input to the project activities and outputs and ensure timely implementation of project’s activities, including reporting on progress vis-à-vis planned activities and expected outputs;
- Ensure timely preparation of project work plan, procurement and staffing plans, and other related documents for timely commencement of the project activities;
- Conduct regular monitoring to ensure achievement of targets in line with the annual work plan and that project implementation at all levels complies with the corporate SoP;
- Capture lessons learned during project implementation;
- Ensure compliance with UNDP project management policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance of project’s business processes with UNDP Ukraine Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assure implementation of gender equality accountability framework and Gender equality Results Based management at project level.
- Facilitate project recruitment and personnel management. Assure due selection process of project experts and consultants is in place through advertisements in mass media, participate in the selection process;
- Control and monitor the finance and budget activities of the Project;
- Maintain contacts with UNDP Operations Centre on a variety of the operations related issues: finance, procurement, administration, IT and human resources;
2. Interact affectively with senior levels of partner organizations to support activities under the project, promote the informed and meaningful involvement of stakeholders, including the following:
- Help to determine the partnerships landscape to ensure optimal partnerships for the Project;
- Provide support to the partnership between UNDP and the State Emergency Service of Ukraine (SESU), Ministry of Internal Affairs; oblast and local administrations, and other identified partners;
- Support partners to strengthen capacity as well as institutional coordination including the establishment of strategic partnerships for implementation of the Project;
- Ensure effective and efficient positioning of the UNDP Project in alignment with the national priorities and the Government emergency objectives;
- Assist in the identification of opportunities for cooperation and potential contributions with government agencies to promote information exchange and identify synergies;
- Support strategic contacts, dialogue and thematic exchanges;
- Represent the Project at various panels and workshops as deemed;
- Lead and coordinate the building and management of new partnerships in support of the Project implementation.
- Act as a knowledge based advisory service provider for establishment and maintenance of relationship with central and local national authorities, non-governmental organizations, associations and international organizations.
- Help build the UNDP Project image via high-level meetings, events and government relations opportunities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Support Specialist and the overall guidance of Programme Manager as well as Energy and Environment Portfolio Team Lead, the Project Analyst provides ongoing project and administrative assistance and support to the project, performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
|Achieve Results:||LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|Think Innovatively:||LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|Learn Continuously:||LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility:||LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination:||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner:||LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion:||LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination bias, confront discrimination;|
|Business Direction & Strategy||Effective Decision Making||Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources|
|Business Direction & Strategy||Negotiation and Influence||Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolv6e points of difference, gain advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates win-win situations|
|Administration & Operations||Events management (including retreats, trainings and meetings)||Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.|
|Finance||Budget management||Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets|
|Finance||Financial reporting and analysis
|Understands changes in regulatory, legal and ethical frameworks and standards for financial reporting in the public sector. Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring. Understands the benefits of integrated reporting, including non-financial resources such as human, social and intellectual capital, and environmental and governance performance|
|Business Management||Results-based Management||Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results|
|Business Management||Project Management||Ability to plan, organize, prioritise and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals|
|Min. Education requirements||
|Min. years of relevant work experience||
|Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section||
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine