- Country: Ukraine
- Organization: DRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-19
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Human Resources Specialist (People & Culture)
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for an experienced HR Specialist to join our team and take responsibility for talent acquisition, onboarding, learning and development, and well-being initiatives.
The successful candidate will work closely with the HR team and people managers to attract and retain talent and ensure a positive employee experience. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth and success of DRC in Ukraine.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process, including job postings, resume screening, conducting interviews, and extending job offers, ensuring compliance with DRC policies;
- Contribute to the development and execution of onboarding programs to ensure new hires are effectively integrated into the organization and are set up for success (both national and internaltional colleagues);
- Support the performance management process in line with DRC procedures;
- Manage employee engagement and well-being programs, including wellness initiatives and mental health support;
- Partner with managers and employees to identify development needs and create development plans, promoting DRC Learning Catalogue;
- Maintain HR records and ensure compliance with applicable laws and internal regulations;
- Coordinates the daily activities of small team, often comprised of subordinates carrying out similar tasks.
To be successful in this role we expect you to 2+ years of experience in HR, with a focus on talent acquisition, onboarding, learning and development, and well-being.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University degree in Human Resources management or other related filed
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with ATS systems
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation
- Upper-Intermediate in English and full proficiency Ukrainian
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 1 year with possibility of further extension based on available funding (3 months probation period)
Band: G non-management
Designation of Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Employees; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 19th November 2023
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ukraine, please click here: UN jobs in Ukraine