RSCA Coordination Specialist
- Country: Ethiopia
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-11-15
- No of Vacancies: N/A
The Coordination Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
Provide support to the RSCA Director for UNDP coherent internal coordination and integration mechanisms.
- Support the RSCA Director in implementing a vision for the RSCA ensuring delivery of commitments and following up on pending issues with senior managers for response/decision.
- Support inter-Hub and whole-of-RSCA coordination and integration to strengthen the coherence of RSCA and its support to Regional organisations and Country Offices.
- Facilitate, at the request of the RSCA Director, the convening of mechanisms, namely, the Senior Management Group; the Inter-practice Coordination Group (IPCG) and RSCA Working Groups and ensuring minutes are taken and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate, at the request of the RSCA Director, briefings and consultations with RSCA Teams.
Provide technical support to the RSCA Director for programming and monitoring processes.
- Provide technical support to the RSCA Director in strengthening the capacity of the RSCA Teams to develop, coordinate, and implement priorities in alignment with UNDP and UNDP RBA strategic frameworks.
- Ensure that appropriate linkages are made to other ongoing programmatic initiatives, including Country Programme Documents as well as donor strategies.
- In accordance with STARS, ensure the record of requests and follow-up actions for the RSCA Director.
Supporting RSCA Director’s effective communications, partnership, and resource mobilization efforts
- Support the RSCA Director, with consultations with the Government, donors, and organizations of the UN system, building partnerships and mobilizing resources.
- Collate and consolidate information from different RSCA Teams in the preparation of reports, briefings, presentations, and responses on institutional, development, strategic and operational issues, as appropriate.
- Facilitate communications between the RSCA Director and the RSCA Teams. Provide liaison and specific inputs for issues that should be brought to the attention of the RSCA Director. Identify and address communication gaps, if any, ensuring information flow within the RSCA.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 3: Set and align challenging, achievable objectives for multiple projects, have lasting impact
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 3: Proactively mitigate potential risks, develop new ideas to solve complex problems
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 3: Create and act on opportunities to expand horizons, diversify experiences
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 3: Proactively initiate and champion change, manage multiple competing demands
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 3: Think beyond immediate task/barriers and take action to achieve greater results
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 3: Political savvy, navigate complex landscape, champion inter-agency collaboration
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 3: Appreciate benefits of diverse workforce and champion inclusivity
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies:
Communication – Writing and Editing
- Ability to create and/or edit written content in different UN languages.
Partnership Management – Relationship management
- Ability to engage with a wide range of public and private partners, build, sustain and/or strengthen working relations, trust, and mutual understanding.
Business Direction and Strategy – Effective Decision Making
- Ability to make decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one authority, area of expertise and resources.
Business Management – Portfolio Management
- Ability to select, prioritize and control the organization as programmes and projects, in line with its strategic objectives and capacity.
- Ability to balance the implementation of change initiatives and the maintenance of business-as-usual, while optimizing return on investment.
Business Management – Partnerships Management
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts, and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies.
Business Management – Communication
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Business Direction & Strategy – System Thinking
- Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences, Development Management or related field is required.
- A First-level university degree with an additional two 2 years of relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of Masters degree.
- Minimum 5 years (with Master’s degree) or 7 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant work experience at the national or international level in the area of development management and cooperation; coordination, assisting senior management with policy analysis, programme support, or related field is required.
- Experience working with UN/DP and/or government in developing country settings is desired.
- Experience working in Africa and in/on specific regions would be an asset.
- Experience with working with the AUC, RECs and other regional institutions and bodies would be considered an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is desirable.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia