- Country: USA
- Organization: DRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-15
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Programming & Operations
- Under the guidance of the Protection Team Leader—Child Protection implements child protection case management in accord with DRC’s Child Protection Policy, DRC Libya-specific SoPs, and the Child Protection in Emergencies Minimum Standards.
- Participate in training, supervision and ongoing coaching with regularity and preparation; and incorporate relevant follow-up and technical advice in day-to-day implementation
- Provide direct services including PSS in accordance with ongoing technical support by the Protection Team Leader Child Protection in collaboration with the Protection Specialists for Child Protection, PSS and Legal Aid.
- Make, enable, and accompany referrals in accordance with DRC’s Child Protection Policy, DRC Libya-specific SoPs, and the Child Protection in Emergencies Minimum Standards.
- Adhere to the roles and responsibilities of all DRC staff in ensuring the child-friendly safe spaces and community-based mechanisms are run as per the Child Protection in Emergencies Minimum Standards, DRC’s Child Protection Policy, and DRC Libya-specific SoPs
- Conduct activities relevant to the evolution of the Child Protection and overall Protection program per the request of the line manager in a manner consistent with training and technical guidance
- In coordination with the Team Leader (and Officer), use solid participatory approaches with attention to age, gender, diversity, and vulnerability criteria, to facilitate meaningful dialogues that enable participants to self-identify protection concerns that affect their communities
- Respect data confidentiality and protection at the highest standard
- Complete data entry and analysis for internal and, if relevant, inter-agency case management data management in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure proper use of tools and online platforms provided for effective reporting, in adherence with orientation and coaching by the Team Leader and PIM
- Collaborate with the MEAL teams in carrying out monitoring, evaluation, and feedback activities within the target areas.
Coordination and representation
- In coordination with the Project Manager and the Protection Team leader, represent DRC to a range of stakeholders including individual beneficiaries and community groups, humanitarian agencies, services providers, local authorities, etc. To this end, ensure professional standards and transparent communication to build trust and collaboration with concerned stakeholders.
- Collaborate and integrate with other DRC sectors during field implementation as needed and advised by the Protection Team leader.
- Ensure interactions by staff with individual beneficiaries and community groups take place in environments and in ways that respect and promote safety, agency and dignity in accordance with professional standards for protection and humanitarian work.
- Support the coordination of program activities as they relate to logistics, administration, finance, or security as relevant, in coordination with the relevant departments.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant internal policies and directives.
To be successful in this role we expect you to be familiar with international protection and human rights legal standards and CPiE minimum standards. Demonstration of Child Protection in Humanitarian Action competencies during the recruitment process will be considered. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- University Degree in the field of Social Sciences, Sociology, Community Development, Communication, Humanitarian Affairs, or any other related field.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in humanitarian interventions, preferably in child protection or a field requiring close work with children. Experience in related fields such as MHPSS
- Familiarity with international protection and human rights legal standards, and CPiE Minimim Standards.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively represent a humanitarian organization with the individuals and communities and build trust
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic
- Good Working knowledge of English
- Basic use of MS Office applications
- An educational background specifically requiring work with children will be preferred.
- Experience in child protection case management preferred, experience in other individualized service or community and CFS aspects of CPiE programming is also an advantage
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA