Volunteer and Intern Specialist
- Country: USA
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Liaise actively with program managers and other staff members on intern and volunteer opportunities for their respective programs, including developing service descriptions and supporting staff as supervisors of volunteers;
- In coordination with the Community Engagement team, design new volunteer or intern opportunities to meet changing needs, write and post descriptions, create training materials and curriculum for successful onboarding and support of new positions;
- Maintain active volunteer and intern recruitment postings across platforms including but not limited to: Rescue.org, Volunteer Match, Just Serve, Cornerstone, and Handshake.
- Identify and network outreach opportunities to enhance recruitment including but not limited to tabling at career fairs, speaking to service learning courses, and presenting to organizations/partners.
- Recruit, screen, vet, onboard, orient, train, and support interns, volunteers and professional mentors, ensuring staff who express needs receive quality support;
- Serve as a point person for volunteers and interns, answering questions and providing support such as accessing Salesforce to log hours by the end of each month and troubleshooting volunteer engagement challenges;
- Manage volunteer hours and donations tracking through Salesforce;
- Manage volunteer records and ensure volunteer compliance with IRC standards;
- Report on volunteer hours monthly and work with volunteers and interns who are not integrating into Salesforce to log hours by the end of each month.
- Assist with the development, facilitation, tracking, and reporting of match-generating volunteer opportunities to leverage community interest;
- Facilitate monthly meetings with intern cohorts including professional development training;
- Plan and host quarterly volunteer appreciation events;
- Support community engagement events, as needed;
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency;
- Participate in IRC Communities of Practice, staff meetings, staff development activities, and fully engage as a member of the Community Engagement team;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Community Engagement Manager
Position directly supervises: Volunteers and Interns
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Sacramento staff
- External: Donors, schools and universities, community groups, faith-based organizations (FBOs), ethnic community-based organizations (ECBOs)and other external parties
- BA/BS degree preferred, preferably with an emphasis in communication, volunteer and non-profit management, human resources, or relevant field of study.
- Related work experience in volunteer coordination, non-profit work, management, development, engaging communities, outreach, communications, human resources, or related field. We are particularly interested in candidates who are comfortable speaking in public and in training groups. Program coordination/management in humanitarian relief, public service, or another not-for-profit environment a plus.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; ability to develop and maintain long term partnerships with donors, vendors, community organizations and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment;
- Experience developing and providing orientations and trainings;
- Experience implementing effective outreach and marketing strategies and leveraging community support;
- Self- starter with excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated success in developing and managing multiple projects and activities;
- Strong writing and communication skills including experience working in and developing teams;
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including outlook, word, publisher and excel;
- Proven ability to work within multiple online platforms, including Salesforce, CRMs, Google Drive, and Facebook.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA