- Country: USA
- Organization: IRC
- Deadline: N/A
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transport clients to appointments and deliver goods and supplies to them
- Pick up newly arriving refugee clients from the airport and take them to their homes; provide basic home safety orientation and provide welcome food to them upon arrival
- Conduct public transportation orientations
- Provide interpretation services for refugee clients and IRC staff
- Support the IRC’s efforts to connect clients with appropriate services
- Coordinate with the Logistics team to ensure temporary and permanent housing arrangements for clients
- Report information and updates about clients to the Logistics Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma strongly preferred; Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Must be willing and flexible to work varied hours including nights and weekends as assigned Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Desire to work as a team member and in a multicultural workplace.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired, Burmese, Rohingya, Karen, Kinyarwanda, Swahili, Arabic, Spanish, Sango, Tigrinya, Oromo, Russian, Ukrainian, Pashto, or Dari.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in the USA, please click here: UN jobs in the USA