ASSOCIATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER [Temporary]
- Country: Kenya
- Organization: UNEP
- Deadline: 2023-11-12
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Human Resource Management
• Undertakes actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
Budget and Finance
• Assists in developing the unit’s work program and budget; analyses inputs and formulates resource allocations by work program, or business processes.
• Monitors budget/work program with respect to Headquarters’ budget, trust funds and grants, on a regular basis, and reallocates resources as necessary.
• Supports the implementation of procedures and systems for implementing the appropriate financial database.
• Contributes to the development of budgetary guidelines for own unit.
• Supervises support staff as required.
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme, monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services, physical space planning and the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems).
• Space Optimization: Per UN’s Flexible Workplace Strategy of improved office space utilization rate, manages the transition for UNEP Nairobi office resulting in reduced UNEP footprint and performs assessment of optimization in UNEP Offices Away from Headquarters (OAHs).
• UN Disability Inclusion Strategy: performs baseline assessment of accessibility for all UNEP duty stations, compiles best practices from UNEP and other UN entities on Accessibility of conferences and events and, consults with UN Secretariat on existing guidance and policies to tailor into context of UNEPs operation as part of UN Disability Inclusion Strategy.
• Environmental Sustainability: Awareness-raising and deployment of initiatives and guidelines by coordinating the Sustainability Clinique for Nairobi and UNEP’s major duty stations and, coordinating the UNEP working group on sustainable meetings and events.
• Contributes to the collection and analysis of data as well as identification of trends or patterns and provides draft insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods for data-driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
Job – Specific Qualification
Technical qualification in environmental management or related areas is desirable.
A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, accounting, human resources management or related field is required.
Experience working with MS Office package is required.
A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the environmental management or related field with a national government/administration, a large firm or an international organization is desirable.
Working experience with procedures of Environmental Sustainability including coordination and awareness campaigns is desirable.
Working experience with drafting reports and guidance documents/policies/standard operating procedures is desirable.
Working experience with space optimization and planning including assessments and considerations to disability inclusion is desirable.
Experience in project planning is desirable.
Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya