HR Assistant (Home Based)
- Country: Brazil
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-11-22
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Provide support to the implementation of HR strategies.
- Ensure full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies, and strategies. ·
- Compile information for formal CO management groups responsible for collectively reviewing and discussing CO staff performance, talent, and development needs. ·
- Collect, copy, file data for UNDP’s participation in inter-agency exercises and surveys, such as comprehensive and interim local salary survey, hardship, and place-to-place surveys, in coordination with his/her supervisor.
- Provide HR administrative support for the effective implementation of HR strategies and initiatives.
- Suggests ideas for streamlining procedures to deliver optimal client service.
- Follow up of vacancy announcements;
- Screening of applicants;
- Support on the preparation of interview minutes and reports;
- Organization of R&S files;
- Support in maintaining CO rosters.
Implement HR services for CO and staffing.
- Track HR transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments, and separations through ERP, in close coordination with GSSC as applicable.
- Provide inputs to the CO staffing table and CO rosters.
- Maintain proper filing system for HR records and documents.
- Extract, input, copy and file data from various sources.
- Prepare routine correspondence, memoranda, and reports in accordance with CO needs and SOPs.
- Provide HR administrative support for the effective implementation of HR services to the UNDP CO and partner agencies.
Supports effective communication and administration assistance for varied and inter-related services, including project operations support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system;
- Support the information flow in the office and dissemination of corporate and interoffice communication to personnel as required;
- Support the facilitation information sharing with Management Support and Programme and Operations Teams;
- Support the follow up of deadlines, established commitments, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the HR Coordinator;
- Draft routine correspondence, interoffice circulars, general briefing notes, documents, reports, minutes of meetings and translations when required;
- Support the administration of meetings, appointments and briefings within the HR Unit
- Assist and carry administrative tasks related to HR Unit.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participate in the training for the operations/projects staff on HR issues and all relevant matters.
- Make sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Human Resources Coordinator, the Human Resources Assistance contributes to the HR Services, ensuring high quality of work, helps the delivery of procurement services to JOF client/Agencies, ensuring high quality on the delivery of the services needs.
•LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
•LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
•LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility:
•LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination:
•LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
•LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
•LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business direction and strategy – System Thinking
- Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system
Business Development – Integration within the UN
- Ability to identity, and integrate capacity and assets of the UN system, and engage in joint work; knowledge of the UN System and ability to apply this knowledge to strategic and/or practical situations.
Business Development – Knowledge Generation
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for content, or responsive to a stated need.
Business Management – Customer Satisfaction/Client Management
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns
HR – Compensation/remuneration – Payroll management
- Knowledge of and ability to apply mechanisms and tools to collect payroll data, process payroll, and manage payroll reports.
HR – People strategy and planning People analytics – People analytics
- Ability to generate and align people data with business intelligence data to inform strategic decision-making; knowledge of databases, their architecture, integration and landscape; ability to create and use data models; knowledge of visualization techniques. Gathering and using data and information to provide insights into people issues and guide decision-making.
HR – Recruitment Assessment and selection – Assessment and selection
- Knowledge and ability to apply various candidate assessment and selection methodologies, tools and platforms; ability to effectively align them with specific recruitment needs
- Secondary education (Complete Education at High School Level) is required.
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree) in Business, Psychology, Human Resources or related areas of humanities, communications, social sciences or related areas will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
Minimum years of relevant work experience:
- Minimum 4 years (with Secondary education) or 1 year (with Bachelor´s degree) of relevant experience in administrative and HR areas, preferably with contract administration, payroll, benefits and entitlement management, among others.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and experience in handling web-based management systems.
Desired skills and experience:
- Relevant experience with the United Nations Common System or comparable international organization.
- Experience in developing a recruitment or sourcing strategy.
- Experience in using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as Quantum (Oracle).
- Experience with a high amount of personnel contract management.
- Fluency in Portuguese is required.
- Working knowledge in English is required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Brazil, please click here: UN jobs in Brazil