Refugee Advisor (50%)
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 21, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
The tasks of the Refugee Advisor include:
• Support the launch of the Refugee Speakers Program with the selection of candidates, preparation of workshops and individualized coaching (30%);
• Collaborate with the Swiss and Liechtenstein Refugee Team and contribute to its development (5%);
• Connect with refugee communities/refugee-led organizations and influential individual refugees in Switzerland and Liechtenstein (5%);
• Advise on the development of materials, tools and projects targeting refugees and refugee communities (5%);
• Any other tasks related to the development of participatory approaches (5%).
Level of responsibilities required: Entry Level Support
Minimum requirements for the individual contractor are: The individual contractor is a refugee and has been granted asylum in Switzerland (permit B or C); provisionally been admitted, but meanwhile been granted a permit B or C or has been a refugee, but meanwhile been naturalized.
Qualification and experience required: Experience with organizing and conducting workshops, good network with refugee communities in Switzerland, outstanding communication and social skills; good IT-skills (MS Office, especially Word, Excel and Power Point), experience in working in teams and in public performances. Very good skills in either German or French, working knowledge of a second national language and/or English is an advantage.
The individual contractor will have to report on a weekly basis orally about the progress made to the Senior External Relations Associate. She/he will have to submit/deliver until 30 June 2024:
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland