Resource Mobilisation and Partnership Officer
- Country: Switzerland
- Organization: UNOPS
- Deadline: 2023-11-28
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Develop and strengthen strategic internal and external partnerships and collaboration in support of UN-Water’s work, and prepare and review partnership plans.
- Act as Technical Advisory Unit focal point for UN-Water Partners and support Partner efforts to bring their expertise, knowledge and networks to UN-Water activities.
- Identify and prioritise potential partners such as government authorities, international organisations, Civil Society Organisations, grassroot organizations, private sector entities, and academic institutions that align with UN-Water’s objectives.
- Establish and cultivate strong relations with existing and potential partners such as donors, policymakers, and advocacy groups including through regular communication, meetings, and collaborative activities.
- Develop a comprehensive mapping of existing partnerships, highlighting areas of collaboration, funding sources, and strategic alignment, in view of identifying gaps and opportunities for further engagement.
- Support the UN-Water Management Team in relevant discussions with diverse stakeholders as necessary.
- Develop a resource mobilisation strategy and plan, ensuring alignment with the UN-Water Strategy and biennial Work Programmes.
- Implement the resource mobilisation strategy and plan, including proposal writing and liaising with the UN-Water trust fund Administrative Agent as necessary.
- Monitor and evaluate the resource mobilisation plan to track progress and adjust as needed.
- Prepare donor specific reports as required.
- Liaise regularly with UN-Water Expert Groups, Task Forces and Initiatives to collect information necessary to identify funding needs and collaborate within the UN-Water Management Team to understand strategic priorities and define substantively sound funding strategies that will effectively engage potential donors and partners.
- Continuously map and conduct trend analyses of existing and potential funding sources.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, donors, and stakeholders to gather insights, share best practices, and explore potential collaboration opportunities.
- Provide substantive backstopping to relevant events, including proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations on resource mobilisation.
Knowledge management and innovation
- Develop and maintain an information repository on resource mobilisation and partnership development including tools, templates and guidelines necessary for the execution of the resource mobilisation plan.
- Prepare and disseminate promotional materials including success stories, lessons, fact sheets with the objective of optimizing the visibility of UN-Water resource mobilization activities.
- Provide the content to update the resource mobilization pages on the UN- Water website.
- Incorporate, innovate and develop sustainable approaches to diversify funding sources.
- Identify, synthesise and disseminate best practices and lessons learned in resource mobilisation and partnership-building.
- Plan and support the development of resource mobilisation and strategic partnership development capacity, processes, and knowledge within the UN-Water Management Team and the wider UN-Water family.
Perform other related duties as required.
Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and ex…
- A Master’s degree preferably in international relations, development studies, business administration, advocacy, communications, political science, public administration, social sciences or another relevant field is required.
- A combination of a Bachelor’s degree with an additional two (2) years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in resource mobilisation and/or partnerships or related fields, in an international setting.
- Within these seven (7) years, a minimum of three (3) years managerial experience.
- Proven experience of minimum three (3) years working in multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Experience in working in the water sector at large.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Switzerland, please click here: UN jobs in Switzerland