Project Officer (Education)
- Country: France
- Organization: UNESCO
- Deadline: 2023-11-21
- No of Vacancies: N/A
1. Project management and coordination
- Manage the project and coordinate implementation in collaboration with UNESCO field offices, country focal points, and partner universities;
- Develop annual work plans, budget proposal, and monitor implementation;
- Lead the planning of capacity-building and technical support to participating countries in cooperation with field offices and other UNESCO units as relevant;
- Provide guidance and technical backstopping and monitor CFIT implementation by relevant field offices;
- Contribute to policy analysis and provide strategic guidance on activities of UNESCO related to higher technical education for skills development in general, and as related to Campus Africa Flagship Programme.
2. Budget and human resources management
- Monitor overall financial flow, manage funds transfer, budget authorization and take corrective measures when necessary, including expenditure reviews and budget revision;
- Supervise and guide the establishment, implementation, and monitoring of implementation partnership agreements and contracts related to CFIT;
- Identify and hire suitable experts; support training and fulfillment of duties by national project officers in the relevant UNESCO field offices;
3. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Establish and implement monitoring procedures on in-country activities to monitor progress;
- Provide guidance and technical backstopping, and monitor CFIT implementation by relevant field offices; Conduct annual review missions to provide substantive support to project countries;
- Coordinate timely submission of project reports from partner universities and draft synthesis annual reports and analytical consolidated reports to donors;
- Initiate and supervise the evaluation of the project at the closure phase.
4. Communication and knowledge management
- Develop and implement the project communication strategy;
- Prepare written outputs, including concept notes, briefings, analytical notes, reports, and inputs to publications;
- Facilitate information sharing among colleagues, participating countries, stakeholders, implementation partners and the donor.
5. Networking and partnership building
- Maintain and foster positive working relationship with partners and liaise with relevant stakeholders for project implementation;
- Identify funding and partnership opportunities, develop project proposals, and engage with relevant stakeholders to advance the development of the project.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in international development, public policy, education, or other related areas.
- Minimum 4 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in the field of education , of which preferably minimum 2 years acquired at international level.
- Experience in working on issues related to higher education, youth skills development and employment, preferably at tertiary education level.
- Experience in project management in education, including budget, and coordination, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting at the international level.
- Experience in results-based management and gender mainstreaming approaches in development initiatives.
- Experience working in developing country contexts, preferably in Africa.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong organization and coordination skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively, set priorities and work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to draft high quality, clear, concise documents and reports.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to maintain effective working relations within a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English and good knowledge of French.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in France, please click here: UN jobs in France