Assistant Legal Officer
- Country: Iraq
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 19, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
– Assist in the preparation of legal advice and drafting of position papers and guidelines on pertinent legal and operational issues.
– Stay abreast of the domestic legal issues and pertinent laws regarding POC and advise the Office accordingly.
– Contribute to advocacy towards proper interpretation of law and doctrine as well as in the development of standards of protection.
– Consistently apply international and national law and UNHCR policies and standards.
– Assist the Office in providing legal counselling to persons of concern.
– Liaise and intervene with local authorities on the legal issues pertaining to POC.
– May act as interpreter during meetings with authorities, if required.
– Participate in meetings within UNHCR and with external counterparts at the relevant level.
– Assist in the development of project proposals and project implementation.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq