National Project Coordinator
- Country: Syria
- Organization: ILO
- Deadline: 2023-11-24
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Description of Duties
- Coordinate the project for timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation through management functions, including provision of technical and administrative supervision to the project team in line with the ILO policy, rules and regulations and according to the project document and work plan.
- Monitor progress of the project and activities by reviewing, verifying and analysing work-plans, progress reports, final reports and other data for clarity, consistency and completeness.
- Review existing guidelines, standards, procedures, criteria, specifications and formats related to the various engineering aspects of the planning and implementation of the project (including environmental aspects) and provide leading support in their adaptation, modification and/or development, as required.
- Provide guidance in the preparation of TORs and timely inputs and professional support in the recruitment of consultants and implementing partners, with technical guidance during procurement process and contract award to ensure the employment creation remains an objective.
- Conduct rapid labour market assessment and skills profiling of the project beneficiaries in consultation with the social partners as well as with TVET institutions with the aim to providing market-responsive work-based learning (WBL) opportunities.
- Maintain close cooperation and coordination with government, employers’ and workers’ organizations in the planning and implementation of activities under the project and obtain timely approvals for proposed activities.
- Coordinate with and provide substantial technical support to the partners, governmental, UN agencies, and NGOs for the development of guidelines and specifications on labour-based / employment-intensive methodologies for different categories of works, including through the development of training materials and organization of training programmes to improve understanding on employment-intensive approaches and provision of technical support for implementing training needs assessments;
Description of Duties (continued)
- Coordinate with humanitarian actors in the field of cash-for-work initiatives and support the development of standard operation procedures (SOP) on employment-intensive infrastructure works including appropriate social and environmental safeguards.
- Contribute to the preparation of all project documents including bids, contracts and programme technical and financial reports.
- Oversee and provide guidance on the technical contracted works and inspect completed works.
- Document all the high-quality visual materials such as photos, videos, and audios, and develop promotional materials that target the general public, the beneficiaries as well as potential donors in collaboration with the Communication Officer in ROAS and ILO Syria Country Coordinator.
- Perform any other duties necessary as assigned by the ILO Syria Country Coordinator.
First level university degree in Civil Engineering.
Minimum of three years of professional work experience in the relevant field.
Experience in managing and implementing infrastructure projects and programme as well as labour-based infrastructure works is a strong advantage.
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Syria, please click here: UN jobs in Syria