Senior Operations and Local Security Assistant
- Country: Syria
- Organization: ILO
- Deadline: 2023-11-23
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Description of Duties
1. Assist the project team in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country;
- Liaise, as appropriate for the ILO, through UNDSS Aleppo with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations and other non-State actors in the area of operation.
- Help to assess the security situation at the duty station for the ILO project team. Verify security information and procedure that require a constant monitoring of the situation.
- Maintain regular contacts with UNDSS and Country Security Cell.
- Coordinate with UN MAS to support their implementation of mine action, awareness raising against EO risks, and hazard mapping in the target locations, and update the ILO project team.
- May be requested to provide technical assistance for SMT meetings.
2. Maintain the Security Plan, including updating staff lists;
- Assist in the preparation and review of the ILO Security Plan;
- Provide support during the implementation of the Security Plan, as required.
3. Assist in monitoring compliance with Security Risk Management (SRM) measures established for the duty station.
4. Report security incidents affecting ILO staff and project, as well as offices and assets. Prepare draft security reports, such as Security Incident Report and Security Assessments.
Description of Duties (continued)
5. Organize and deliver briefing sessions on security awareness and preparedness and provide security orientation to newly assigned staff members.
6. Assist in ensuring Residential Security Measures (RSM) and office safety, and security emergency/disaster preparedness.
7. Provide general administrative assistance to the ILO project team such as:
- Maintain routine and confidential correspondence, files/documents.
- Maintain full contact details in relation to ILO staff and activities.
- Arrange appointments, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion, and take minutes and/or notes at meetings related to safety & security as required.
Description of Duties (continued)
8. Perform other security-related tasks assigned by the project team:
- Conduct security evaluations and assists for the implementation of security measures for the residences (Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards – MORSS) of ILO staff, as well as on latest trends and threats to staff safety and security;
- Obtain necessary approvals from authorities to allow access to the target areas, including the security coordination thereof;
- Establish and maintains ILO warden system and keeps update of information related to ILO offices and residences;
- Handle UN IDs;
- Maintain liaison with security companies used for ILO security at offices and residences, in order to ensure the effective and efficient use of the guard force;
- Ensure all security and communication equipment in the armoured vehicles is operational, regularly checked and updated and properly maintained.
9. When required, perform safe and reliable driving duties for ILO staff, senior level officials and other authorized personnel and visitors. Meet officials and visitors at the airport including assisting, where necessary, with protocol, visa and customs formalities;
10. Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the project team.
Completion of secondary school education.
A Technical or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is an advantage.
Minimum of 6 years of experience in security, preferably in a police context or related field of work. Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO as a local security advisor is an advantage.
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Syria, please click here: UN jobs in Syria