- Country: Syria
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 8, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
– Visitors and persons of concern have a full and fair access to UNHCR staff and services while approaching the reception for different purposes and their privacy is respected.
– Receive, screen and assist visitors/clients and escorts them to responsible officer concerned. Adopt tactful attitude to inform and convince interlocutors to accept unforeseen situations, such as waiting longer than expected, meet with a different officer than expected or accepting the cancellation of an appointment.
– Answer to incoming calls and transfer calls to concerned officer and/or take messages or provide general information, understanding the importance and the confidentiality of the issues treated.
– Receive and transmit verbal and written messages to appropriate officer/office/Unit/Department.
– Record the incoming and outgoing mail and manage internal courier distribution, as appropriate. Register/keep records of visitors/clients, as requested.
– Utilise office equipment (telephone, fax, radio, computer¿) when necessary.
– Perform any other clerical duty that may be required.
– Identify which individuals or groups to be prioritized at the reception based on vulnerability and other criteria specified by the supervisor.
– Decide on information contained in the weekly and daily reports submitted to the supervisor.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G3 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Good knowledge of proGres (HCR database for registration of refugees, returnees and displaced persons).
IT-IT Refugee Systems & Applications
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Syria, please click here: UN jobs in Syria