Head of Support Syria Damascus AO2
- Country: Syria
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-10
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Ensure that NRC Syria Country office operates within all relevant national laws, and complies with all regulations, including but not limited to employment legislation, VAT regulations, NGO registration requirements.
- Support and lead organizational development and change management processes.
- Ensure that data management is secure, and that project participant records, and financial data is adequately protected.
- Ensure that the master budget and fair share projects are well managed and provide regular updates to the CMG on expenditure.
- Ensure that NRC Syria is a learning organisation where all staff benefit from development opportunities at least annually.
- Emergency response: plan and build into Support plans for emergency response and quick scale-ups.
- Deputize for the Country Director when requested.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from a senior management position with minimum 2 years as Head of Support or in similar role in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant Management field of study.
- Experience with working with donors’ budgets and regulations.
- Expertise in allocation of resources and costs and financial analysis.
- Experience with change management.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with auditing and compliance
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
What We Offer
- Damascus, Syria duty station.
- Travel: Approximately 25% within areas of operation within Syria.
- Contract Duration: 24 months (renewable based on performance, structure, and funding).
- Senior Grade11 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Syria, please click here: UN jobs in Syria