HR Manager Syria Damascus AO2
- Country: Syria
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-09
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Implement NRC’s HR systems and procedures.
- Ensure that the country set up adheres to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies.
- Ensure compliance with the local labor law.
- Training, support, control, and development of HR teams in all offices.
- Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management.
- Management of the HR team.
- Provide regular HR analysis and reports that can be used for further improvement of service delivery.
- Ensure proper quality control and audit of the country HR function across all offices and safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Proactively provide technical support to Area Managers, HR Team Leads & HR Officers in running an effective HR function in the Area Offices.
- Oversee and be responsible of incorporating NRC Safe and Inclusive Programming (SIP) minimum standards into Syria activities, as per NRC guidelines, policies and Syria-specific explanatory notes and report any breaches/concerns, in a confidential manner, through NRC reporting channels.
- Promote and secure a safe working environment for reporting concerns/breaches, and that all cases reported are processed in a confidential, sensitive and timely manner.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex contexts.
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus.
- Knowledge of the context in the Middle East region is a plus.
- Experience with building a HR structure.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal.
- Desirable knowledge of the local language Arabic.
- Experience in a large and dynamic country programme.
- Strong sense of initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player coupled with capacity building skills and experience.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Syria, please click here: UN jobs in Syria