- Country: South Sudan
- Organization: UNV
- Deadline: 2023-11-21
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Undertake day-to-day clinical duties including regular general consultations e.g. walk-in-clinic, emergencies in addition to specialist- anesthesiologist/intensivist duties.
• Perform general and local anesthesia depending on the type of surgeries performed and based the clinical assessment.
• Provide anestesiologiolical services for an elective surgical intervention.
• Ensure that all medical and nursing staff implements standard clinical protocols.
• Contribute to implementation of the WHO Integrated Management for Emergency and Essential Surgical Care (IMEESC) toolkit.
• Conducts a needs assessment of the surgical capability in close coordination with the surgeon and develop a plan to improve surgical services.
• Monitor medical instruments and equipment to ensure that aseptic and antiseptic methods are adhered to.
• Perform 24/7 on-call for any surgical/medical emergencies and rotational weekend/night shift-call duties as per roster.
• Refer staff to higher level of specialists as necessary.
• Provide health education.
• Conduct Contingent Owned Equipment (COE) Verification Inspection.
• Performs any other tasks required by the Chief Medical Officer/ Designee
27 – 80
Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
5 years of experience in Medical doctor with specialization in Anesthesiology
• Experienced in UN mission or another international agency is desirable.
• Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
• Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners.
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
• Ability to work with tight deadlines.
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision
• Sound security awareness.
Area(s) of expertise
Manual Transmission Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
Required education level
Master degree or equivalent in Medical doctor with specialization in Anesthesiology is required.
Valid Certificate/license of BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support).
Competencies and values
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Judgement and decision-making
• Planning and organizing
If you are looking for more UN jobs in South Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in South Sudan