- Country: South Sudan
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-11-19
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Maintenance of protocol procedures.
- Preparation of high-quality briefing materials for supervisor for appointments, meetings, missions.
- Preparation of informal translations.
- Management of RR missions and representation schedule.
- Maintenance of rosters of high-level partners, telephone lists.
- Preparation of correspondence, directives, comments on behalf of RR for his/her signature and making follow-up when required.
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the RR office.
Ensures provision of effective communications support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files.
- Facilitation of information sharing between UNCT and the UN Coordination Unit.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to RR.
- Screening of all incoming calls and correspondence.
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures between the supervisor’s office and subordinate division.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of specialized trainings for secretaries.
- Organization of trainings to UN staff on coordination, administration, and protocol issues.
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Knowledge building and sharing and sound contributions to UNDP knowledge networks and communities of practice.
|LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility |
|LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner|
|LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion|
|LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
|Administration & Operations||ERP travel and expense module||Knowledge of the ERP Travel and Expense Module, ability to provide help desk support to UNDP and other UN agencies.|
|Administration & Operations||Travel policy and procedures||Knowledge of travel policy and procedures, ability to interpret travel policy, the staff rules, administrative circulars and financial regulations and rules on travel-related matters.|
|Administration & Operations||UN travel documents||Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and processed related to UN travel documents.|
|Business Management||Communication||Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience|
|Business Management||Customer Satisfaction/Client Management|
Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns
|Business Direction & Strategy||Effective Decision Making||Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources|
- Secondary education with at least 6 years of experience in travel services, organization of events, administrative services, or finance
- A bachelor’s degree in administration, Hospitality, Tourism Management, or related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience with Secondary education (or 2 years with bachelor’s degree) in travel services, organization of events, administrative services, or finance.
- Administration and travel systems and applications experience.
- Experience in organizing high level international events is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in other UN languages is an asset.
- Experience with UNDP policies, procedures, and practices particularly in relation to project management
- Working experience in an international organization is an advantage.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in South Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in South Sudan