Research & Knowledge Officer, AU, P3, Addis Ababa, NORCAP
- Country: Ethiopia
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-22
- No of Vacancies: N/A
The Research and Knowledge Officer will enhance OSEWPS research capacity, in partnership with Centres of Excellence on Women, Peace and Security and disseminate its publications and other communication materials through various channels. The Research and Knowledge Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Coordinator, Office of the Special Envoy on Women, Peace and Security.
For that purpose, the Research and Knowledge Officer will carry out the following tasks:
- Conduct policy research on undertakings by Member States, Regional Economic communities in their endeavours to implement and coordinate delivery on Women, Peace and Security Agenda.
- Search and analyse WPS activities occurring on the continent and propose briefing notes.
- Update regularly the WPS Knowledge Hub.
- Support the Office in the production of articles, briefs and statements on WPS in Africa.
- Serve as Focal point for the collaboration with Centres of Excellence on Women, Peace and Security in Africa and support the strengthening of the Network;
- Support the Office in the activities of African Women Leaders Network (AWLN), and other related women groups and organizations.
- Supports the development and implementation of the office knowledge management strategy, roadmap, implementation plan and related policies.
- Proposes and promotes creative solutions for knowledge management in the office, developing methods, processes, and tools to identify and respond to knowledge gaps.
- Provides input into the development and implementation of policy documents.
- Supports in developing, including drafting office knowledge products such as annual reports, policy papers and briefs.
- Promotes learning and knowledge sharing throughout the office and works to strengthen links with other partners including Member States, and Regional Economic Communities.
- Perform any other duties related to the Office of the Special Envoy mandates may be assigned by the Special Envoy or the Office Coordinator.
To be eligible, candidates must be holders of a Master degree in gender and development studies including Gender studies, International Relations and Diplomatic Studies, Information technologies, Peace, Conflict, Disaster and Emergencies Studies.
Core Values and Guiding Principles
- Professionalism: Demonstrate a solid professional competence in research and knowledge management.
- Team Work: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Be able to communicate easily and effectively, using various communication channels.
- Self-management and conflict-management:
- Identify conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution
- Handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behaviour towards others.
- Functional Competencies:
- Strong research skills and experience of not less than 5 years.
- Experience in the use of knowledge management tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management activities.
- Knowledge and experience in training and knowledge dissemination.
- Familiarity with the Women Peace and Security agenda in Africa.
- Experience in analysis and research, with track record in publications and reports.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the African Union.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia