Info Management Associate
- Country: Ethiopia
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 21, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
– Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
– Compile and aggregate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
– Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
– Produce summary statistics.
– Support the coordination of data collection teams.
– Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
– Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
– Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
– Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
– Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
HCR Operatnl Dta Mgmt Lrng Prg;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
Experience in web design and software development is an asset. Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
DM-ArcGIS (Geographic Information System)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia