- Country: Ethiopia
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 21, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
– Assist the supervisor in the provision of resources (human, material and services) necessary to support the day-to-day activities of the staff in the office.
– Assist the supervisor in ensuring the UNHCR Office premises provide a healthy, safe and respectful working environment.
– Provide administrative support in the areas of finance, administrative and human resources as well as up to date and accurate data and records in MSRP and other systems.
– Provide interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures. Perform personnel work including processing of entitlement, issuance of contracts maintenance of various personnel records and files.
– Assist in the recruitment of General Service staff for non-specialized work including evaluating candidate applications, administering recruitment exams if applicable, conducting preliminary interviews of candidates; assign General Service staff to meet work requirements.
– Collect information and assist in conduct of surveys on local cost of living, daily subsistence allowance criteria, local salaries for office and servicing staff, house rentals.
– Brief international personnel on general administrative matters relating to visas, licences, security; provide advice and ensure administrative support as required.
– Arrange for and/or attend meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participate in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interpret and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations for follow-up action.
– Prepare, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
– Assist in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs and maintain necessary budgetary control records.
– In addition to general administration responsibilities, may also supervise directly or indirectly, activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport and similar services.
– Arrange for requisition of office supplies and equipment and arrange for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records.
– Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 – 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Business Administration, Finance,
Office Management, Human Resources or other related fields.;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
SC-UN/UNHCR Procurement Rules and Procedures
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Ethiopia, please click here: UN jobs in Ethiopia