Support Services Officer
- Country: Kenya
- Organization: UNOPS
- Deadline: 2023-11-23
- No of Vacancies: N/A
Under the supervision of the Head of Support Services (HoSS), the Support Services Officer shall offer support as a coordinator to project managers, project developers and managers on all aspects of management and operations. This includes strategic financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, ICT and vehicle management, consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations. The main role is to assist the HoSS in coordinating the provision of support services, ensuring consistent service delivery and constant evaluation and readjustment of the support services, taking into account changes in the project portfolio as and when needed. The duty station will be Nairobi, Kenya.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Coordinating support services
- Offer support to HoSS in the planning and coordination of projects with regards to support services
- Financial resource management
- Human resource management functions
- Procurement management functions
- Information and communication management
- Administration, including asset management and logistics
1. Coordination of Support Services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Give regular updates on the status of OH and operations on the resolution of issues and risks relating to support services.
- Assist the HoSS in providing operational direction to Support Services Managers in the Hub’s countries of operations, oriented to quality, effective and cost efficient delivery of operations of the projects.
- Support the HoSS in coordinating the development of annual work plans of support services units based on project needs.
- Ensure consistent implementation of the relevant work flows (RACI) and SOPs across the OH.
2. Financial resource management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepare the financial plan (ME and LMDC) and manage the budget process/cycle to ensure timely revisions and reallocation of funds.
- Assist in ensuring that the LMDC (Locally Managed Direct Cost) budget covering support services in the offices of the OH is properly managed and costs recovered.
3. Human Resource Management functions:
- Supporting compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies including Optimal staffing of the offices and projects.
- Providing support in oversight of recruitment processes in accordance with UNOPS rules and regulations, appropriate use of different contractual modalities, contracts management, performing the function of HR Manager in OneUNOPS
- Support in fostering a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
4. Provide support in ensuring efficiency in Procurement management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist in review of various data resources to verify procurement units provision of efficient procurement and logistical services and supervision of the procurement team focusing on achievement of the following results.
- Providing support to the HoSS in compliance with corporate rules and regulations in the field and elaboration of the procurement strategies, including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement promotion and introduction, performance measurement;
- Assist the HoSS in elaborating contract strategy including, tendering processes and evaluation, managing the contract and contractor, and legal implications.
5. Offer support to ensuring Information and communication management is effective, focusing on achieving the following results:
- Assist the HoSS in ensuring forward-looking information and communication management and supervision of ICT team focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Use of OneUNOPS functionality for improved business results and improved client services;
- Providing support in maintenance of a secure, reliable infrastructure environment for ICT and adequate planning for business continuity.
6. Provides support to Administration, including asset management and logistics, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensuring efficient transport and technical services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and implementation of a vehicle management and maintenance system in accordance with UNOPS vehicle management policy and procedures;
- Implementation of a repair and maintenance system for all communications equipment, vehicles etc.;
- Building management and maintenance activities.
- Reporting on various exercise and coordination of support services.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management, Public Administration or other related field is required
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management, Public Administration or other related field is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of relevant experience in managing projects and/or support services including one or more of the following: human resources, procurement, contract management, general services, finance, asset management or information technology management is required.
- Experience with UNOPS in support functions is highly desired
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Kenya, please click here: UN jobs in Kenya