Protection Specialist Iraq Erbil
- Country: Iraq
- Organization: NRC
- Deadline: 2023-11-22
- No of Vacancies: N/A
- Develop the Protection from Violence Core Competency (CC) strategy, technical guidance and macro-log frames that are aligned with regional and global strategies and priorities.
- Comply with and adhere to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop, and revise funding proposals, budgets, and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Protection from Violence CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Protection from Violence implementation and incorporate them in Protection from Violence and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff, in approaches to the prevention of and response to violence.
- Represent NRC in relevant working groups, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs)/host communities in line with the advocacy strategy.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 4 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Protection from Violence expertise.
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions, and market-based programmes.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Master’s degree in related field such as international law, international development, or social sciences (desirable). Candidates with bachelor’s degree in the preferred fields will be considered if relevant work experience considerably exceeds the minimum requirement of 4 years
- Strong knowledge of global protection standards and humanitarian principles
- Experience in creating and implementing referral pathways.
- Solid understanding and experience in protracted displacement contexts.
- Knowledge of the context in Iraq.
- Arabic fluency an advantage.
- Experience with Start-up is an advantage.
- Experience in the design and delivery of team capacity strengthening, including remote coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Experience managing a complex protection programme including implementation, programme development, fundraising, and budget development.
- Excellent understanding of key technical standards (IASC, Protection case management global toolkit, IHL, gender and humanitarian principles, donor markers on gender and disability etc.) and a demonstrated ability to integrate them into programming
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Iraq, please click here: UN jobs in Iraq