Security Operations Center Operator
- Country: Syria
- Organization: UNDP
- Deadline: 2023-11-18
- No of Vacancies: N/A
1.)Providing reports and security related reports and disseminate as per guidelines:
- Drafting reports and security related documents with standard English language;
- Maintaining and updating security incidents database;
- Monitoring the news on all sorts of media and producing the daily situation report;
- Disseminate timely security updates/advisories;
- Keeping supervisors informed of any emergencies or breaking news in Syria & the region;
- Providing supervisors with required Maps using Google/other maps.
- Providing supervisors with required PowerPoint presentations.
- Providing supervisors with Excel analysis as required.
- Providing supervisors with analytical reports for the duty station/country, including:
- Security incidents
- Radio check reports
- Reports of the radio signal quality
- Reports of agencies compliance with radio communication
- Reports of the radio network maintenance requirement
- Liaising with the agency staff regularly to know the vehicle movements outside the duty station city. Monitor the movements of UN vehicles and ensure efficient communications with traveling staff;
- Communicating and receiving messages through VHF, HF, fax, e-mail and telephones on daily basis with UN offices within duty station/Syria;
- Ensuring the ability to inter-communicate with all other networks of UN, International organizations and NGOs in Syria, in order to implement fast coordination via radio for operational and security purposes;
- Activating warden system and passing vital security information including headcounts as advised by the FSCO, Chief SIOC or CSA or DO/ASC;
- Ensuring that all network users are following the rules for radio traffic in order to adhere to the discipline of using networks, call signs, English language and that all systems are compliant to the regional frequency band plan;
- Performing radio check with VHF and sat phone according to CSA/Chief SIOC guidance.
4.) Performing administrative duties as required:
- Keeping files, records, faxes, and all documents and issues related to work authorized and kept in confidential place;
- Keeping the supervisors up to date with all procedures, challenges and faults in the radio network and undertaking any necessary actions to maintain order in the system;
- Ensuring discipline in the SOC and assisting all visiting UN staff to SOC in their official business;
- Updating security contact lists on regular basis, as required.
|Expected Demonstration of Competencies
|LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility
|LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner
|LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion
|LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
|People Management (Insert below standard sentence if the position has direct reports.)
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
High School Diploma.
First-level University degree in IT or administration or any related field.
At least 4 years (High School) or 1 year (Bachelor) of progressively responsible in security or IT context or related field.
Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Arabic are required.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Syria, please click here: UN jobs in Syria