Senior Finance Assistant
- Country: Sudan
- Organization: UNHCR
- Deadline: November 20, 2023
- No of Vacancies: N/A
– Maintain financial records for project or other office accounts for which responsibility is assigned.
– Record receipts and payments, assure accuracy of computation and completeness of documents and maintain continuing status of allotments against obligations.
– Prepare recurring reports on assigned accounts, noting problems resulting from excess cost or less-than-expected receipts.
– Prepare special reports to clarify problems or as requested for other reasons.
– Calculate and compile cost estimates and projected budget requirements and assist in preparation of budget statements for area of assignment.
– Prepare routine correspondence and maintain contracts with others to discuss matters concerning accounts and related assignments.
– Maintain contacts with local banks to clarify questions pertaining to office bank accounts.
– Brief and assist new staff on basic financial procedures and requirements with respect to payments, entitlements, banking and currency provisions and other requirements relating to accounts and finance.
– Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Accounting; Business Administration; Finance; HCR Learning Prog;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other)
IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Sudan, please click here: UN jobs in Sudan